The Planted Tank Forum banner

steven's tanks

8K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  steven p 
#1 ·
so, i think it's about time i break down and start sharing my aquariums progress with everyone.. i went around and snapped a pic of all of my running tanks, no hiding anything or pre-shot maintenance.
55 gallon malawi cichlids, pair of convicts, a pair of pictus cats, 3 cae and a blue gourami

65 gallons, community of mollies, guppies, 5bn plecos an array of cory cats and a few others. a personal favourite tank

de-rimmed... half filled 55.. holding a momma bumblebee with her mouth full of eggs.. she was getting picked on in the other 55 so i had to move her after a week of her holding eggs.. should be any day that she let's them out.. i hope i catch her in time =]

72 bow 4 angels, guppies, platys, 1m/2f bn plecos, zebra loach and rainbow shark...oh! and the banjo cat i adopted who never comes out.. ill catch him burrowing in the middle of the night sometimes though... crazy little guy..

29 gallon, cherry shrimp, ottos and bn pleco fry. could those little plecos kick up any more dust? probly..

10 gallon 2 virile crays + 6? shiners, 2 cae and a platy that was too small to see when i rehomed everyone else a few months ago

2 gallon lemonade dispenser thing.. =] male betta
this is a terrible picture and ill replace it soon.

10 gallon dirted with miracle grow cactus mix. white clouds.

and lastly for today, 29 gallon guppy, otto and cory tank with my girlfriends ten gallon leopard gecko tank

See less See more
#4 ·
thank you, it's really awkward finding the right place for a plant like that, but when it flowers, it looks amazing in the tank, a huge network of baby plants. there's a radican that almost always flowers at the same time of the amazon and it looks that much more awesome.

That is a lot of aquariums. I have two and I'm thinking of reducing that to just one haha. I dont know what it is exactly, but I like the dirted aquarium most. Something about how natural and wild it looks.
it's right at the foot of my bed on a coffee table next to the tv.. i think it goes without saying, but i'm usually watching the tank and listening to the tv.

and yes, it does get overwhelming at times, different batches of eggs and fry here and there all the time, the filter cleanings and water changes. but then you sit down and appreciate, when all the work is done. it's so worth it.

#13 ·
betta dispenser

the 29 bn's and shrimp

ten gallon -1 cray... he came for me in the night...

the other 29, guppy + leopard gecko

ten gallon, white clouds +1 yello betta "Banana" and an albino bn

72 bow, recently given a big trim...

rack in the works.. the rack doesn't stand very rigidly, shelves droop... i contacted the manufacturer, I'm waiting for their support beam package still...

55 with bumblebee fry, hybrids on the way :eek:

the 65 got attacked by the trimming bug... whoops...

and the other 55 cichlid tank, lots of floating plants today...

:icon_eek: i have no life.

#18 ·
Your tanks look fantastic! I notice you have a lot of guppies. I love my gups : they have a lot of personality, as do the otos. My oto's are so docile when I put my hand in the tank they won't move until I scoot them. They are plump and healthy and love to rest on the hygro leaves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.