I got a 29G to house more plants in! Hooray! Also took out 2 of the 4 bulbs from each fixture, and the plants seem to be responding positively.
Of course, i added lots of new Buces... will update list on original post.
I've also been experimenting with different types of soils. All of the plants in the bottom tank have been in 100% sphagnum peat soil for the past few weeks, and they are doing very well and the roots have established very quickly. I plan on repotting all of the plants to pots with this soil over time, since i'm happy with the results. The added acidity of the soil seems to help-- i think the aquasoil has lost some of its acidity over time.
New top tank:
Bucephalandra 'Nanga Pinoh' (green)
Bucephalandra 'Melawi' (blue)
Bucephalandra catherineae 'mini' -- SO SMALL!
Bucephalandra 'Sekadau' (round leaf)
Aridarum brutii -- my favorite Aridarum species
Bucephalandra 'Lamandau' purple (left), Bucephalandra 'belindae' (right)