||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Originally Posted by Crob5965 View Post
What you can do to work around a narrow tank is to shape the rock faces so they're vertical rather than horizontal or use a mixture of that. That way it doesn't take up as much room. Everywhere I read seems to say it takes about 30 days to cure (for the cement to stop leaching calcium into the water). It took right about a month for my pH to stabilize and reach acceptable levels. That being said I did my 100% water changes ever 7 days. Some people do it ever couple of days, not sure if that helps it go any faster. It's probably just one of those tests of your patience. If you want any help building one feel free to shoot me a PM.
So the riccia I got thanks to crice8's wonderful RAOK came today. I immediately got to work placing it on my rocks and tying it down using green loofa mesh (never used loofa of course) and green sewing thread. Hopefully it decides to grow and look good after a while. Hoping my Java moss should be here soon too.
Finally went ahead and moved everyone around. I moved my Blood Parrot to a different tank all to himself, then moved the fish from my 20L to the 55 gallon. Also took the opportunity to sort through the plants I wanted and replant them. I didn't plan out where to put stuff this time like I did with the 20L, but I'm actually pretty happy with how it turned out. some of the bare spots on the wall I'm hoping will look better once my Java Moss arrives.
Pretty much all done re-scaping and moving fish, so now I'm just waiting for things to fill in. It really is serene looking now I think. Once the java moss grows out a bit I'll probably try and attach it to the rock wall to liven up some of the bare spots. I also recorded a video with my droid so you can see it in motion.
Hello, fellow Richmond-er
Hello, fellow Richmond-er. Nice work on the tank. I especially love the background. I looked into doing one, but I had to face the reality that I don't have the patience for such a project. I hadn't see loofah used for attaching moss/etc to rocks before, I think I'll try that