One of two of my fully planted tanks, it started out as a 5.5, though the lighting drove me crazy, so i finally said screw it! And upgraded to a ten gallon i had laying around.
But first, heres it when i first set it up.
The first plant is a sword plant, i believe, havent been able to nail that one down. The second is another i havent been able to get the name of. The bulb is red, and looks like leather, but is hard. Grows SLOW. The third is a melon plant, of which i have four other plants now, from that one! The fourth, is hedge. Its not really aquatic, but i found that out after, and then returned it..but kept a peice, and there it is. Its actually still in my bathroom tank, just now starting to lose leaves. Ive got to figure out how to plant it emersed!
Anyways, I ended up thinking adding anacharis in front was a good idea.
Nope. So then i rescaped, and tried for a grow out tank for my 50 gallon. I didnt like that very much...
I then got some wisteria, which im sad to say, has continued failin since day one. They are now sad little 2.5 inch tall sticks with poofs on the end. This was the tank after i added them.
I still didnt like it...
So i decided i need some hard scape, and took a fake log onament from my 50 gal, and used it in the tank...I also got new plants, an aponogeton plant which i ended up getting three different plants from, and a banana plant. Finally, i was starting to like this! =]
The aponogeton plant is amazing..i believe its the undulatus variety. it grew from the above picture to this! in one week!
This is when the lighting situation aggravated me to upgrade. I had a ten gallon hood, and that's what i was using on the 5.5, and it didn't fit right, so i had contraptions and fire hazards..next to my bed. So, the tank was now a ten gallon, and i got a new table at a yard sale too! Perfect little set up. Ill have to remember to get a picture. =]
And then i added a background, which is actually just a wooden american flag, but, i feel it works for now. I kinda like it.
I added cories to the tank, and they tend to need more oxygen in their water, so i added a air stone. Which looked horrible. So i tried hiding it, and it just didnt work. It was an eye sore.
Then i got it! The log was hollow, why not prop it up and have the bobble come out of the top? My first couple of tries with the air hose cooperating failed, but ive gotten a fix on it now. =]
Also, added some more plants, tops cut from my 50 gal, and the spiral vals from the 50. Add a rescape, and the tank seems to be coming around!
Ended up moving the Banana plant to the end of the log, as that was where i threaded the air hose, and the banana tubers were perfect for covering that up.
I bought a new driftwood from my LfS, which has a large java fern on it, and rescaped, making a bigger cave under the fake log. I added Anubis i had gotten in a plant order, will watch for algae. I also added cholla wood id gotten from an order, with small java fern tied to it. I also got three more corkscrew vals from ly lps, and put them between the log and the large rock.
This is what my tank looks like today, after my rescape.
Ill be updating as often as things change and grow..=]
I also take funny pictures of my snails...Thats the mommy and a four month old apple snail..=]