This picture was taken today, 11/20/2012. Right now I have 7 cardinals in there. One mysteriously disappeared last week.
I added a breeder net with some juvenile red cherry shrimps and I am waiting for them to start breeding before moving any into the main tank. I am going to keep the breeder net for a while for small shrimps, at least until the ground cover grows in and the baby RCS have places to hide from the cardinals.
Since the last picture was taken I've had to deal with a bunch of crap. I had an ick outbreak a while back that I treated with heat and salt. It worked, but the plants did not do well. The cryptocoryne lucens in the front left corner did especially poorly and I'm not sure if it's going to make it. The microsword in the front right also has not done so well either, and neither has the bronze crypt wendtii. The java ferns didn't seem to do so well either, with some of the leaves melting away pretty badly, and others getting covered in algae. But the echindorus sword, the corkscrew vals, the anubias and the christmas moss didn't seem to mind.
I've pruned down some of the java ferns. I'm still not happy with their appearance but I really like the small bushy bunch in the middle. The lace javas just look really messy, I may just get rid of them entirely.
I'm fighting a battle against algae at the moment too
... There has been a fair amount of blue-green algae on the large piece of driftwood on the right, diatoms on the glass and a bunch of brown algae on the leaves. The java ferns were being hit pretty hard so I trimmed all the leaves that looked like they were at all dying. The anubias seem to be doing OK but there is some yellowing around the edges of the leaves. I'm doing 25% water changes every day or two as a measure against the algae, and I also started using a bit of API CO2 booster, which I hear is supposed to inhibit algae growth but I am a bit concerned about the shrimp. So I'm only using a half dose of it.