finally got all the HC and seems to me staying down more or less, super hard to get everything to stay in the plant stratum. also planted the blyxa japonica and the hydrocotle sp. everything seems like its in the right place now. the micro sword wasn't really working with scape in the way i wanted to so i moved it to the 20g.
planted the remainder of the HC in left front and as i said moved the micro sword in the front right lets see how it does in this tank. added the new rotala wallichii and what i think is Hydrothrix gardnerito the center rear of the tank should look nicer when it get a little taller. i wasn't really feeling the cabomba so i removed that. the cherry shrimps and amano shrimps seems to have settle in nicely and are cleaning away.
so woke up today, and found my filter on my 10g not working for what ever reason. cleaned and restarted it seems to be working again. now theirs a nitrate and ammonia spike for what ever reason did a 50% water change last night no idea whats going on.
did a little timing a rearranging today. trimmed the ludwigia repens back quite a bit and moved the java ferns around to open it up a little bit more. also removed the random stones that's were laying around and the super tall mondo grass that was in the left corner, wasn't working towards the look.
Today i added some rotala verticillaris and another pot of micro sword to the 20g to try and fill things in a bit more. going to try to trim the stem plants into a nice size bushes in the rear and keep the different foreground plants controlled were they are. everything is starting to grow very fast now should be ready for another trim with in the next few days.
Added a bunch of hair grass to the rear of 10g. needed to have a little bit of something to flow from the stem plants to the HC and DHG seemed to be the right thing for the job, snagged it while at my LFS. i seem to be getting a little melt and yellowing from the HC not sure why, thinking a potassium deficiency, so started to does a little of that and iron every day. and continue to do daily water changes. we will see how thing turn out in a couple of days hoping to see more growth once things level out more.
I got bord tonight and did a few major changes to the 20L. removed the black background to brighten things up a bit. changed the position of the equipment around for less clutter. And added some new rocks at the base of the drift wood. starting to get some new growth on all the trimmings going to look nice once everything grows back in.
Also in the 10g Finally got some LIVE STOCK wooo. got 6 amanno shrimp, one pygmy corry, and 5 oto cats to get a start on this cleaning crew. Starting to get a bit of diatoms in the HC, the shrimps should do a good number on all the algae.