thanks for the comments guys!
sooooo scaping and planting this tank was kinda stressful due to its cramp size and my newbie status.
As it stands I am not happy with the background planting... overall the foreground and general scape is good minus some fine detail with the top layer of congo sand to be ironed out and some sloping adjustments.
I spent over an hour and a half messing with the plants in the back but ended up pulling all my pennywort and these ludwigia stems I got from a member here today (c campbell - thanks for the plants, the petite anubias is so cool). I needed to step away from the tank and ruined a couple stems of plants from letting them dry up while messing around with the tank.
Tomorrow I will decide to either leave it as is except adding some more flame moss in the background AND/OR replacing the crypt spiralis with my dwarf sub (which I am inclined to do, the crypt is just a bit too large for the setup I feel).
Then I think I will cut up some sections of penny wort to float on the top because this will be a betta tank and they like overhead cover.
Finally if some of these ludwigia stems bounce back I might plant them in the background - tomorrow will tell.
Besides that... here are some pictures, you can see I plopped my bounty of spare plants in my other tank for the morning rematch
Yeah, I will assume by tomorrow the filter will clear up most of the haziness in the tank... sorry for the quality of the pictures