The Planted Tank Forum banner

1st high tech- 29gal

3K views 22 replies 4 participants last post by  Sd760 
#1 ·
First pressurized co2 tank stoked here's a pic. I'm having trouble dialing in co2 and ferts.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Fauna-
2 German blue rams
2 koi angels
3 ottos
1 long fin bristlenose pleco
1 assassin snail (love that lil guy)
4 Cory cats

4 red melon swords
14 anubias couple different kinds.
5 java fern baby's
1 mini lotus
Dwarf baby tears
And some stem plant nothing to exciting.

Equipment-
Milwaukee regulator
Milwaukee ph controller
15lb co2 tank
Aqua medic inline reactor (are the balls supposed to spin and diffuse? Mine are stationary)

Ehiem it's big has like 4 baskets inside forgot the number 23 somthing

Koralia nano
Fluval drop checker.

Ph is set at 6.9 need help figure out the perfect balance. And I Need help with baby tears.

#3 ·
Thinking about dropping my ph. How low should I go. Also so I can measure my ppm I am thinking about buying a hydro pen thing any feedback?

Added 3 new red crypts.
And really want to buy 1 or 2 more rams there rad I know there's the potential of death. What would be safe. Any other fish capable of living in harmony or playful aggression ;)

#7 ·
GBRs laid eggs again. Same spot on the rock.

Also I am haveing some algae issues in my tank thinking its most likely to long of light exposure as im fairly lenient with the schedule. I haven't really been dosing ferts. I have dosed a couple times with potassium. As I noticed some holes in new growth. I have trace, flourish, excell, iron, potassium for ferts. I have a good amount of green algae on the glass. And have very tiny groups of fuzzy blackish algae on my thermometer an edges of some plant leaves.

#11 ·
Thanks guys. Really am having some issues with algae. Think it might just be everything settling down since I recently had to add a whole new filter and filter media. But I am not going to dose any ferts. Because I have been dosing excel trace and potassium spermatically. So wait it out and then figure out a good fert routine.

#22 ·
Played around with doseing. The tank looks great right now. Really have an awesome little forground plant in the crypt. I think its parva? If I'm. Not mistaken. Dropped ph to 6.1 I have 12-16 cherry shrimp 2-3 ottos and 4 amanos and 4 Cory cats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.