The Planted Tank Forum banner

20g *Needs better title*

11K views 72 replies 20 participants last post by  LopezTheHero 
#1 · (Edited)
Heyhey guys! So well my 29 gallon busted, so the next day I got a 20 gallon long! Ripped off the top rim and put all the stuff From the 29 gallon in and it's on it's way! I'm growing everything emmersed right now, so I can get a nice hc foreground from the start. Here's a picture of the progress thus far. I'll take some better Pictures tonight.

See less See more
#3 ·
Well here'd be that update I talked about months ago.... heh heh.

Plants grew very well! As you can see:

BUUUUUUUT I decided I did not like the sticks or the limnophila aromatica. I felt as if the leaf size was going to throw off the scale of the whole scape so this is what I have now. I'm really looking forward to what the tank will look like fully grown in and submerged! I just clipped the plants and spread the cutting around in the areas left bare from the removal of the L. aromatica. So now it'll be another couple months before I flood it. :/ OH well! Here's it atm.

#6 ·
I thought someone would mention the water! I drained it a short while after the photos were taken.

Does anyone know about adding ferts to the misting water? I'm going to try adding a little bit to the next misting. ! :D

I'm going to try to post weekly pics from now on so I (and you guys!) can observe the growth :D

#12 ·
It's flooded! I PROMISE this time to post weekly! I really am happy about this though! :D And again these pictures were taken with a camera without a working screen! I bumped up the CO2 waaay past what would be acceptable with fish and added lots of ferts. Let's hope this turns out great!

#23 ·
Thanks! The plant growth has been insane! Was not expecting this much on the first week after flood :0

It's actually Rotala sp. Colorata, it's supposed to be pink but I think it'll need some intense growth for awhile to achieve that.

#24 ·
my colorata that i just put in my tank is starting to turn orange green color also as new leaves come in. im trying a couple things to boost the color back up we will see what happens in the coming week or two!

#26 ·
MERRY CHRISTMAS! =)

And for Christmas I got a nice new camera! An Olympus pen, I think it's called... anyways, takea look at the pictures! So much growth! And it's been 10 days since flood :D I'm going to go trim the HC!

#29 ·
I'm thinking Paracheirodon simulans, either a school of 25 or greater of them or chili rasboras.

I trimmed the hc last night. I noticed right away how much easier it is to trim it when it has firm roots. The hc has grown so much aswell. It grows outward more than upward and soo much faster. All the plants are doing so well, they are budding even though I haven't trimmed them yet! I'm using the same light on this tank as I did on the 29 gallon.

I'll post pics once the lights go on at 3:00. I had to cut the photoperiod short because I noticed the tips were closed an hour before the lights went out. So now they're growing with 6 hours. I did an H2O2 treatment last night to clear out some string algae growing in the hc.

#30 ·
never tried green neons. but lots of people on here love em.

and if you keep it well trimmed, it will keep having strong, long roots. its when it is allowed to overgrow that the lower layers (with the strongest roots) start to suffer. :)

its a new tank, algae is inevitable to most. the key is to allow your plants to out compete it so youre algae eaters and manual removal can eradicate it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.