The Lonely Mountain- Fish added - Page 13 - The Planted Tank Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 192 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Invert Warrior
 
MABJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 3,886
The Lonely Mountain- Fish added

Yeah it's that way at my university.

I had a really high average in high school as well. Took lots of college courses.

Now that I'm in college, I get stuck taking classes I don't give a rats behind about.

*Retired for now*
|Mossy Bonsai|Almost ADA|DBP Loonnng|CRS Spec|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|Essential tools|List of inverts|Sage advice|Truth About Snails|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder -- DBP Club.
MABJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 192 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
 
orchidman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by MABJ View Post
Yeah it's that way at my university.

I had a really high average in high school as well. Took lots of college courses.

Now that I'm in college, I get stuck taking classes I don't give a rats behind about.
Really? What are you studying? I thought that after you get past gen-eds in college most classes would be pretty interesting..or at least something you know you can apply in your career. What is your major?

Next semester I will take all or most of my classes at a college so I can get credit for both highschool and college.
orchidman is offline  
post #183 of 192 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 01:33 AM
Invert Warrior
 
MABJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 3,886
The Lonely Mountain- Fish added

I entered college with 30 credits from high school.

Anyways. At my school, the general requirement is called Clare College. It consisted of 12.. Yes 12 classes. In addition to other general education requirements.

Assuredly, it takes one ages to fulfill all of them.

The program is now reformed for all incoming freshman thanks to all of us who ceaselessly complain about it.

I'd never recommend anybody to Bonaventure if they hadn't finally modified the system.

I am a proud Journalism and Mass Communication major.

*Retired for now*
|Mossy Bonsai|Almost ADA|DBP Loonnng|CRS Spec|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|Essential tools|List of inverts|Sage advice|Truth About Snails|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder -- DBP Club.
MABJ is offline  
post #184 of 192 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
 
orchidman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by MABJ View Post
I entered college with 30 credits from high school.

Anyways. At my school, the general requirement is called Clare College. It consisted of 12.. Yes 12 classes. In addition to other general education requirements.

Assuredly, it takes one ages to fulfill all of them.

The program is now reformed for all incoming freshman thanks to all of us who ceaselessly complain about it.

I'd never recommend anybody to Bonaventure if they hadn't finally modified the system.

I am a proud Journalism and Mass Communication major.
That's insane!!!


And no pics today, I had too much homework; Maybe Saturday.
orchidman is offline  
post #185 of 192 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
AquaStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 1,271
We can be patient for pictures Homework is pretty important anyway...just a little bit.

You'll appreciate the early college credit when you get to the undergraduate level. It'll save you time and lots of $. Most schools require some amount of general education classes. Mine's not as bad as St. Bonnies sounds like it used to be but it's still fairly intensive.

There's 6 categories, Literature, Social Science, Natural Science (x2), History, Art, and something else and you need 4 credits in each (and 8 from two of the three fields in natural science). Also, the second semester of a foreign language and a class with a global perspectives marking (a class is labeled with this if it meets certain criteria) are required.

The philosophy behind it is to provide a well rounded education but sometimes it just seems like checking boxes off a list.

You'll be able to figure it out for yourself soon enough.

Also, if you all get a chance I'd love to have your input on a couple photos I took. I'm going to enter into a photo competition and would like help finalizing an entry. Here's the link to the thread/poll
Help Me Pick a Photo!
AquaStudent is offline  
post #186 of 192 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
 
orchidman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaStudent View Post
We can be patient for pictures Homework is pretty important anyway...just a little bit.

You'll appreciate the early college credit when you get to the undergraduate level. It'll save you time and lots of $. Most schools require some amount of general education classes. Mine's not as bad as St. Bonnies sounds like it used to be but it's still fairly intensive.

There's 6 categories, Literature, Social Science, Natural Science (x2), History, Art, and something else and you need 4 credits in each (and 8 from two of the three fields in natural science). Also, the second semester of a foreign language and a class with a global perspectives marking (a class is labeled with this if it meets certain criteria) are required.

The philosophy behind it is to provide a well rounded education but sometimes it just seems like checking boxes off a list.

You'll be able to figure it out for yourself soon enough.

Also, if you all get a chance I'd love to have your input on a couple photos I took. I'm going to enter into a photo competition and would like help finalizing an entry. Here's the link to the thread/poll
Help Me Pick a Photo!

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE BEST PART OF CYBER SCHOOL IS?!??!?! That I'm in english class right now


Yeah well rounded is always good I think I may pursue physical therapy, so I will be in school for 6+ years. Just the thought is daunting!

Sure thing! I'll look right now!
orchidman is offline  
post #187 of 192 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
 
orchidman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,421
GUYS WE JUST BOUGHT A NEW LENS!!! ITS AMAZING!!!!!!!! Here are some pics! It's a NIKKOR AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED It's so heavy, you can feel the legitimacy of it!

These photos were shot with a 50mm prime.


DSC_0009.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr


DSC_0010.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr


DSC_0013.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr


DSC_0014.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr


DSC_0015.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr


DSC_0016.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr


DSC_0017.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr
orchidman is offline  
post #188 of 192 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 06:12 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
synaethetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Morgan Hill
Posts: 371
That's an amazing lens! You can take some great wildlife shots with that.
synaethetic is offline  
post #189 of 192 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 06:54 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
marioman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: bristol, RI, U.S.
Posts: 409
that thing must have been a pretty penny haha, could never afford one lol. it even comes with a golden plack !
marioman72 is offline  
post #190 of 192 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
 
orchidman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by marioman72 View Post
that thing must have been a pretty penny haha, could never afford one lol. it even comes with a golden plack !
No big deal, it's just dipped in gold and covered in diamonds
orchidman is offline  
post #191 of 192 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
 
orchidman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,421
Did maintenance for the first time in over a month. The tank has really taken a hit. That's what happens when you have mid-terms I'm not sure if I will ever get this tank to look nice! Especially after taking a hit like this, I'm not sure i fit will be able to recover. Honestly not sure how long I'll keep it up for; maybe I'll change the scape up some. Not sure what I would change, ideas?


Untitled by orchidman10, on Flickr
orchidman is offline  
post #192 of 192 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
 
orchidman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,421
Did some sketches for possible layouts for my 7.5g Mr. Aqua tank! I'm going for something really simple and simplistic. It's going to be a wabi kusa layout. I'm probably over thinking it for it to follow the naturalistic ways that accompany wabi kusa, but here are the sketches I did. Any comments are welcome, things you like, hate, or you think are stupid


Untitled by orchidman10, on Flickr


Untitled by orchidman10, on Flickr


Untitled by orchidman10, on Flickr


Untitled by orchidman10, on Flickr


Untitled by orchidman10, on Flickr


Untitled by orchidman10, on Flickr
orchidman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome