Hi Everyone, new member on here from the UK! First of all, apologies for the quality of the images... Just use my iPhone for general updates! Will take some better images soon!
Long story short... I have recently moved away from marines and back in to a tropical setup with the aim of less maintenance and less expense spared! I decided to go heavier with the planting than I had ever tried before - aquascaping is growing in popularity in the UK and there is far more support than ever before so it seems a good way to go!
My last tropical setup had a lot of Vallis and some Koi Angels:
So I went down to a local aquatics store where I used to work (Maidenhead Aquatics in Shirley) and had a chat with my old colleagues - struck a deal on this tank. Capacity is approximately 130 litres before displacement - comes with twin T5's as standard - I opted to upgrade to a much bigger external filter and purchased a JBL CO2 kit...
Purchased some JBL substrate and a few other items...
Tried in my 'swamp root' for size...
There was a big gap in time whilst I had work commitments and was soaking the wood. I finally got an afternoon of work and went to set up the tank... I purchased:
Microsorum pteropus 'Windelev'
Anubias barteri var. nana
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Tropica'
Cryptocoryne wendtii Green
Taxiphyllum sp. 'Spiky'
Vesicularia dubyana 'Christmas'
Picked up my RO from Maidenhead Aquatics:
Planted the tank out then started the big fill! Brace bars came in handy here...
Filled up with the lights on:
And as it stood an hour later:
A few days later I decided I wan't happy with the wood position so took it out, re-attached the ferns, anubias and mosses and put it al back in place...
Was happy with my CO2 at this time too!
Looked a lot better when it had settled down!
To be continued...