The poor sellers that have dealt with me in the past couple of months have been hearing about how 'I'm gonna get my new tank up and running soon' so I owe it to them (at least!) to post my tank journal.
I have lots of thanks and shout outs to give to the members of this forum. Without your help and knowledge I wouldn't even have the cajones to do a scaped tank!
Personal thanks goes to the following (I HOPE I'm not leaving anyone out)
- for his shrimp food samples, plants and being a great seller overall!
- for putting up with my newbie questions, supplying great plants and information and being an awesome seller and oh so patient with me!
- For his knowledge, how-tos, and his 'special sauce'. LOL! Great seller
- For being so helpful and a great seller and trade partner! I also consider a friend/partner in crime now. Heehee
- for posting his journal that led me to buying this tank. And his great posts on the forum
- for his awesome plants and being just as friendly and helpful as his dad!
- for a great trade and being so friendly!
- for his awesome driftwood and great prices!
Without each of these folks my knowledge wouldn't be where it is and I wouldn't have all the awesome things that will be in this tank and my future shrimpies wouldn't have such a great diet. Thank you to each and every one of you.
To my hubby...for coming up with an idea for my 'stream' in this tank. The stream was done by mixing pool filter sand and DAP Aquarium sealant to form a solid structure. Brilliant idea. Only took 3-4 days of bouncing ideas off him for him to come up with it.
Thank goodness ONE of us is smart enough to think outside the box. LOL!
Without further ado, here is my tank as of an hour ago. No water in it in this photo, flooding it right now. Will have an Eheim 2213 on it. Hate the green pipes but will replace those later. Want to get it in there tonight. Will have a custom spraybar on it running the length of the tank, thanks to somewhatshocked's tank journal and info
It won't look right til my moss wall hills and drfitwood grow in but it's a start. It will have a little bridge over the stream. I'll post more photos when it's filled and the filter is running. Hope you all like the beginning!!