freph's Mini M - Page 14 - The Planted Tank Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #196 of 299 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 12
CO2 intensity is very well seen in the photo of the diffuser, and do not have to be a child prodigy, which would see the difference with this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...DpNF6s#t=2m49s

Plants began to grow and algae are gone, that's good. But it's been two months after setup! With proper care the plants grow rapidly from the beginning, and algae almost none at the start and very quickly they disappear completely from view.

Now if everything is good, it does not mean it will last forever. I had the same problem with the growth of plants, as you do. Information about an overdose of CO2 in the Internet very little, and the problem with aquariums, many because of this. 1,5-2 bps is a lot, especially after the setup aquarium. 3 bps need for 60 cm. aquarium. In your case, one bps is the maximum dose. After setup need less. In addition to the harmful effects of CO2 on microorganisms, you greatly lower the pH level and the plants also suffer because of this.
Otherwise, how do you explain such a poor condition your plants for two months, if you do everything correctly and use only original products ADA? Do not look into the causes of problems, you will soon get them again.

It looked like my tank after setup,


and to look like in two months


From the beginning, had no problems with algae or the growth of plants.
Doing all the instructions ADA. Added the original fertilizer according to instructions, in the recommended dose (1 ml for each fertilizer). And I am fully confident that if I added CO2 in the quantities that you make, I would have the same problems with the aquarium as you.
Bozhkov is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #197 of 299 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 2,261
Gorgeous tank. Honestly, I think my bigges downfalls were not starting with enough plant mass and then replanting the tank. However, I'll take your advice and drop the CO2 down a bit. I wonder if ADA's diffusers and bubble counter work with each other through different back pressures on the counter from different ceramic disks type and the bps stepping is the same for all tanks?
freph is offline  
post #198 of 299 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 12
The recommendations of the ADA clearly states that for aquariums 36 cm need to file one bubble per second. You have diffuser and bubble counter from ADA, Why do you doubt, and why invent your dosage?
Bozhkov is offline  
post #199 of 299 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 2,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozhkov View Post
The recommendations of the ADA clearly states that for aquariums 36 cm need to file one bubble per second. You have diffuser and bubble counter from ADA, Why do you doubt, and why invent your dosage?
Hm, I guess in the book they didn't really clarify that their 4-week plan is for 60cm tanks (1, 2, 3 bps as you move to week 4). I'll have to read the book over when I get home.

Edit: In the video, looks like they're running about .5bps....interesting.

Last edited by freph; 09-01-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: q
freph is offline  
post #200 of 299 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 02:16 AM
Prodigious Plant Pundit
 
Geniusdudekiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 5,371
BPM is outdated/proven to be an invalid form of CO2 measurement. I'd say you're just fine. Use a drop checker if you're not sure. That's the only real way available to hobbyists.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs
Geniusdudekiran is offline  
post #201 of 299 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 2,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran View Post
BPM is outdated/proven to be an invalid form of CO2 measurement. I'd say you're just fine. Use a drop checker if you're not sure. That's the only real way available to hobbyists.
I'll just adjust based on reactions in the tank. Drop checkers are nice and all, but I feel it'd just be too bulky in the tank. Minimalistic is what I want for this tank now that I've removed the Vuppa.
freph is offline  
post #202 of 299 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delaware, OH
Posts: 417
I think you are absolutely correct about watching how things react. I am sure the current "master" will tell you that watching the plants response is a much better idea then using the "invented" BPS that is stated somewhere. For Bozhkov, one BPS worked, no need to change it, for ANY other tank it may be different. That number is a baseline and you adjust based on the individual aquarium. The placement of the diffuser and diffusion rate change the BPS needed to keep the plants liking it best. My advice, dont follow anyones advice, only take it into consideration. You know what is working for your tank, don't doubt it. Do what you are doing and keep that riccia looking AWESOME!
Ozydego is offline  
post #203 of 299 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
@marko@'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: livingston, nj
Posts: 5,695
i agree, bps is how much CO2 goes into the tank, not necessarily how much the tank retains, or is useable.
the changes in plants and fauna are the best things for gauging if you need more, less, or got it right.
@marko@ is offline  
post #204 of 299 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Prodigious Plant Pundit
 
Geniusdudekiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 5,371
Yeah. Results-driven tanking, ftw!

Can't wait to receive the diffuser, btw!

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs
Geniusdudekiran is offline  
post #205 of 299 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 2,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozydego View Post
I think you are absolutely correct about watching how things react. I am sure the current "master" will tell you that watching the plants response is a much better idea then using the "invented" BPS that is stated somewhere. For Bozhkov, one BPS worked, no need to change it, for ANY other tank it may be different. That number is a baseline and you adjust based on the individual aquarium. The placement of the diffuser and diffusion rate change the BPS needed to keep the plants liking it best. My advice, dont follow anyones advice, only take it into consideration. You know what is working for your tank, don't doubt it. Do what you are doing and keep that riccia looking AWESOME!
Riccia looks awesome regardless. Stuff pearls like crazy for me and all stones have an inch thick worth of growth on them since I redid the stones. Insane. I believe I may have had just a tad too much CO2 in the system since the plants are just as vibrant at 1bps as they were with 1.5-2, so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @marko@ View Post
i agree, bps is how much CO2 goes into the tank, not necessarily how much the tank retains, or is useable.
the changes in plants and fauna are the best things for gauging if you need more, less, or got it right.
Agreed. Every tank will have different needs and the only way to figure that out is to be scientific about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran View Post
Yeah. Results-driven tanking, ftw!

Can't wait to receive the diffuser, btw!
Can't wait for you to get it! I know you've been wanting an ADA diffuser for ages. Unfortunately, this is the best I can do for you.
freph is offline  
post #206 of 299 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 01:20 AM
Prodigious Plant Pundit
 
Geniusdudekiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 5,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by freph View Post
Can't wait for you to get it! I know you've been wanting an ADA diffuser for ages. Unfortunately, this is the best I can do for you.
Don't worry man, it's now a "one of a kind!" No one else has an ADA diffuser cracked exactly that way now! lol

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs
Geniusdudekiran is offline  
post #207 of 299 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 2,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran View Post
Don't worry man, it's now a "one of a kind!" No one else has an ADA diffuser cracked exactly that way now! lol
This it true. I hope you enjoy it. It'll be coming with the original box, btw. PM/iMessage me your shipping info as well unless you've already sent it to me somehow and I just missed it.
freph is offline  
post #208 of 299 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Prodigious Plant Pundit
 
Geniusdudekiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 5,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by freph View Post
This it true. I hope you enjoy it. It'll be coming with the original box, btw. PM/iMessage me your shipping info as well unless you've already sent it to me somehow and I just missed it.
Oooh, sweet! Thanks for the reminder.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs
Geniusdudekiran is offline  
post #209 of 299 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 2,261
Fish? Fish. 25 or so Bororas urophthalmoides. Loving them very much right now. Great little fish and so small! They'll only get a tad bit bigger too, which is awesome.







freph is offline  
post #210 of 299 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Prodigious Plant Pundit
 
Geniusdudekiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 5,371
Beautiful!

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs
Geniusdudekiran is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome