As of 6/14/12
Tank: 14 gallons. (tall 10)
CO2: Aquatek regulator, 20oz paintball tank, Cerges reactor. Turns on 2 hours before lights go on, off 1 hour before lights go off.
Filter: Fluval 306, stock sponges, stock ceramic bio, purigen.
Lighting: 2x 24w AHsupply.com kit, 9hrs a day. Both lights are on at the same time for only a half hour a day.
Substrate: Turface Pro League Heritage Red.. wanted grey
Ferts: EI method and 50% water changes a week.
Plants: LIMNOPHILA AROMATICA
, POGOSTEMON STELLATUS 'BROAD LEAF'
, LUDWIGIA INCLINATA VAR. VERTICILLATA 'CUBA'
, LUDWIGIA INCLINATA VAR. VERTICILLATA 'PANTANAL'
, Dwarf Hair Grass (Eleocharis Parvula), Java Moss.
Fish: 2 serpae tetras, 4 guppies, 1 pleco, 2 red cherry shrimp, 2 zibra nerites.
Originally this was my first planted tank.. I had some eco-complete that I didn't like and the stems planted in random places and they started growing out of control lol. This is my learning tank to get some experience for my 55 gallon that I will be setting up in a year or two. I tore everything down and got rid of the eco complete. Put the fish and the old tank water in a seperate 20 gallon tub I use for water changes and went to work.
I planted tons of DHG deep under the light turface so it doesn't uproot along with some Seachem root tabs. most of the DHG you cant even see.. I want a nice carpet!! GROW!
The java moss is attached to 3 flat rocks that I have standing up to help keep the slope.
The dry scaping! I didn't pre-rinse the turface because I thought it would be too hard to make the slopes while it was wet.
Fill and re-filled the tank 4 times I think.. kinda lost count lol
Last fill with 50% of the old tank water that I kept in a 20 gallon tub and 50% of my regular tap water. (keeping up with my 50% water changes). Still a little cloudy but the pic looks worse than it actually was.. Livestock didn't seem to mind.. 6/11/12
3 days later 6/14/12. all fish are healthy as can be! I think I am starting to see a little bit more of DHG poking through the substrate.