We went with some friends up to The Wet Spot yesterday and I came home with new plants and fish (they were out of Corydoras habrosus so I'll have to get them later). I think I have identified the plants but we shall see! (Their printer wasn't working so I didn't get the full page detailed receipt with names)
And no I didn't quarantine the fish before adding them, I know, I know.
Let the quick and dirty cell phone shots commence!
First up plants, I have done my best to identify them:
Brazilian Pennywort (Hydrocotyle leucocephala)
Red Ludwigia (Ludwigia repens)
Rotala wallichii (Rotala sp. 'wallichii')
Ludwigia Peruensis (Ludwigia glandulosa)
My "stem" section (I'm not a very good decorator)
Couldn't get a shot of the new Pork Chop Rasboras (Trigonostigma espei) but there is a short video here: http://youtu.be/1BwBFnsvMJ4
They are schooling with the Emerald Eye Rasboras so I now have a school of 22, 11 of each.
I also bought some Excel that I just started dosing today, didn't quite dose the full 25ml initial dose because I'm a chicken. I took out the crypt plants I had in there for now and moved them somewhere else since it's looking a little crowded now and those things spread like crazy for me.
I haven't done well with stem plants in the past so we'll see how these do. Between this new sand the the tweezers I bought the planting of these went flawlessly instead of me wanting to rip my hair out like before so that's a good start. They are rock solid in there too and the current isn't uprooting anything. I also spent over an hour going over each stem and washing under running water to make sure I didn't get any pest snails. I had previously just been lazy and did a quick bleach dip but I really want to give these stems the best chance at life with me since I'm sure some of them aren't really the best for my set up.
I'm open to suggestions and ideas for placement, etc. Thanks for looking!