The Planted Tank Forum banner

The Journey of my 40 gallons tank !

7K views 55 replies 24 participants last post by  izabella87 
#1 ·
It all began... about a year ago.

See less See more
#33 ·
Patience. The leafs will die off, but dont move it, don't disturb it, its just stressed, soon the plant will adapt and the roots will make new healthy leafs. Mine died before it boomed ;)

#31 ·
FREAKIN AWESOME TANK!!!!

It has grown a BUNCH!!! No Co2 correct? What Substrate, ferts, tap water or R/O? Also what are the measurements of the tank?

You are doing an AMAZING JOB on the plants and fish!!! I bet it is a blast to sit and watch! Really like the last tricks on the pics! What kind of camera did Ya get?

Keep up the AWESOME WORK!!!
Drew

#34 ·
Thank you so much!
NO Co2, just lots of fish, no fertilizer of any sort, hardware store play sand, tap water with a few drops of chlorine neutralizer. ;)
Its 40 gallons about 100 cm by 35 cm.

Yes very entertaining to watch, i love this tank so much, its like wild wild jungle hehe

#39 ·
Neons, Cherry barb, pinguin tetras, silver tip tetras, black neons, 1 molly, 2 bamboo shrimp, 3 amano shrimp, a million cherry shrimps, 4 plecos: mom dad n a few of their offsprings ( the rest are in other tanks!)

#50 ·
#51 ·
WOW!!!

The new layout is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

You have some very nice fish in there too! The Brichardis are one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE FISH!!! The Vet my wife works for has a 45g with a breeding colony in it, and I plan on getting some of the babies and growing them out for a tank similar to this of my own!!! They have quite a bit of yellow in them!

Those cups you have in the tank are COOL!!! What type are they, and where did you get them? Also is that a mixture of substrates?

Again you have done a AWESOME JOB on this, and all of your tanks!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!
Drew

#54 ·
Thank you Very Much!
The cups I got at a thrift store, 30 cents each and the substrate is play sand/aragonite/white beach sand
Glad you noticed i have other tanks hehehe... Multi tank syndrome. Its gotten so bad that i sneak a few tanks in each thread to make it look like less hahaha...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.