Salmons 75-P: amazon somethin or other (56k) - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Algae Grower

Hi ,
I look forward to hearing your water tank , I have expected, right?

If you want to be achieve something in life, work hard... nothing comes for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmon View Post
Yep, awesome dimensions! Doesn't seem to be too many using this size.

You working on version five yet? Rock or wood? Or both? EDIT: I see your using the same seriyu.

Thanks CmL

Cheers clau! I like your quote!
Version 4 was blacked out for over a week due to CO2 issues so I'm getting all the plants back to health before I rescape, lights came back on yesterday. The rescape may not happen for a while though, I have to see if I can do it with just the soil that's in the tank, cause there's no more AS powder or normal left at AFA or ADG and I'm pretty sure my next design would need at least another 3 liter bag if not 9l. Went to place the order yesterday and was so pissed If anyone has some spare powder AS please let me know.

And yeah it's not a popular dimension because of the 30"... you pretty much need a hanging light fixture. I only have a 75P instead of a 90P because I bought this thing back when I was 14 (turning 20 soon) and that $100 difference was huge back when it was all the money I had and more (especially since it was for 6" and that's it, no other difference). If I were to buy a tank now it'd be a 90P for sure, I'd love that extra 6" of width to work with. The 30" really is perfect for a 150w MH though, and I just love MH shimmer. One day I'll have that 90P and some LED pendants for shimmer and extra space. For now the 75P is more than sufficient.

You'll have a lot of fun with this tank if you keep at it, the dimensions may seem a little strange be really do allow for a lot of creativity.

EDIT: version 4 is only using about half or a little more than half of the Seiryu I bought, so I still have new hardscape to play with. My goal with v.V is to create as different of a scape as possible with the same exact materials. Sieryu, HC, Xmas moss, and Eleocharis.
post #33 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by clau74 View Post
Hi ,
I look forward to hearing your water tank , I have expected, right?
soon my friend, soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmLaracy View Post
Version 4 was blacked out for over a week due to CO2 issues so I'm getting all the plants back to health before I rescape, lights came back on yesterday. The rescape may not happen for a while though, I have to see if I can do it with just the soil that's in the tank, cause there's no more AS powder or normal left at AFA or ADG and I'm pretty sure my next design would need at least another 3 liter bag if not 9l. Went to place the order yesterday and was so pissed If anyone has some spare powder AS please let me know.

And yeah it's not a popular dimension because of the 30"... you pretty much need a hanging light fixture. I only have a 75P instead of a 90P because I bought this thing back when I was 14 (turning 20 soon) and that $100 difference was huge back when it was all the money I had and more (especially since it was for 6" and that's it, no other difference). If I were to buy a tank now it'd be a 90P for sure, I'd love that extra 6" of width to work with. The 30" really is perfect for a 150w MH though, and I just love MH shimmer. One day I'll have that 90P and some LED pendants for shimmer and extra space. For now the 75P is more than sufficient.

You'll have a lot of fun with this tank if you keep at it, the dimensions may seem a little strange be really do allow for a lot of creativity.

EDIT: version 4 is only using about half or a little more than half of the Seiryu I bought, so I still have new hardscape to play with. My goal with v.V is to create as different of a scape as possible with the same exact materials. Sieryu, HC, Xmas moss, and Eleocharis.
ya the lighting for its dimensions are the deal breaker for most im sure. wow only $100 more? woulda been $200+ more if i went 90-P?

id offer to sell you my leftover AS powder, but i doubt it would be worth the shipping costs over the border.

good luck on the new scape when you get er going, i'll be following that for sure! btw roughly how many lbs of seiryu is in v.IV?

Salmons ADA 75-P Rockscape on DSM / 13g Rimless / 12g Rimless Club / 12g rimless - not yet started / Cannon Pimp Club #009 -T3i
post #34 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2in10 View Post
Gorgeous, just simply gorgeous
thanks 2in10! missed your post! that means alot coming from someone with a scape like yours!

Salmons ADA 75-P Rockscape on DSM / 13g Rimless / 12g Rimless Club / 12g rimless - not yet started / Cannon Pimp Club #009 -T3i
post #35 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

post #36 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Algae Grower

Hi ,
Tank is very beautiful, plants and stones are a good choice.

If you want to be achieve something in life, work hard... nothing comes for free!
post #37 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Hi ,
Tank is very beautiful, plants and stones are a good choice.
thank you kindly!

post #38 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

to fill or not to fill?

been a month and 4 days since planting, surprised with myself how patient i've been, until now. really want to fill it......still no CO2 in my tank though. considering filling it and doing a temp 3-4 x 2L DIY system until I get my tank filled...that is asking for trouble though

I had wanted to submit this tank/build to this years IALPC, not to win but for the experience. with 8 days left and no H2O, i think that plan has left the building not matured enough anyways, just wanted the experience.

here some pics from last night:

cant get over the RR growth, really surprised more do not use this stuff for foreground

post #39 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Algae Grower

Hi ,
I like, I like ...... the background plants did you use?

post #40 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 03:47 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Hi ,
I like, I like ...... the background plants did you use?
thanks again clau!

background left to right is:

-tonina (syngonanthus) manus
-hygro. polysperma 'ceylon'
-ludwigia arcuata
-rotala sp nanjenshan
-nesae crassicaulis
-tonina manus

post #41 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

pic update, still no h20.....

comparison to initial planting

post #42 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
Looks amazing. Have you considered a lower foreground plant though? Only reason is your stones look more powerful and have more presence in your initial pics. I do like it as is but just thought that may be an improvement. Either way it will look really great. Love your stem choices as well.
post #43 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Tank looks great and plants grew alot since initial planting.. whats was your light and misting schedule like?

I noticed in the beginning you had too much water, its good you lowered it.

post #44 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsiawd View Post
Looks amazing. Have you considered a lower foreground plant though? Only reason is your stones look more powerful and have more presence in your initial pics. I do like it as is but just thought that may be an improvement. Either way it will look really great. Love your stem choices as well.
Thanks! I have considered a different foreground, but trying to get away with one that doesn't need constant trimming. Im done with HC for that very reason. The current foreground will drastically change its look when I flood, but also might get a bit taller...not a good thing. The rocks dont appear as bold in the newest pic due to the light being farther forward than normal, takes away from the bold shadows it creates, but I do agree with what your saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fish View Post
Tank looks great and plants grew alot since initial planting.. whats was your light and misting schedule like?

I noticed in the beginning you had too much water, its good you lowered it.
thanks! light and misting sched. is all over the map

ya i had originally overfilled it to initially saturate the soil and help compensate for the slope.

post #45 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Planted Member

How does one fill a tank like this? lol It looks SO great! But I would be afraid to fill this thing and ruin a part of your scape.

Bolivian Rams make everything better.

75 gallon Bolivian Ram tank Journal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode