75 Gallon Stumps an such - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member
75 Gallon Stumps an such

Hey everyone, I have not done a journal in a long while, almost two years and I figure by doing this it will motivate me to swap out my 55 with the 75 I have sitting around. As of now I am working on trying to figure out a scape I want to utilize. I plan on mostly using slow growing plants such as crypts, ferns, anubias, and a variety of mosses. I have four different scapes that I have come up with so far, here they are:

Currently I am leaning more towards the last picture with the two stumps. I am thinking ferns attached to the stumps with moss covered rocks wedged between the roots steadily sloping downwards, possibly with a e. belem or hairgrass front. I am looking for opinions since my prior scapes have mainly dealt with stem plants creating a cascading effect. I have not fully utilized using wood. Look forward to moving forward on this tank

SunSun #16

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 04:31 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
Well first I saw picture 1 and liked it. Then I saw picture 2 and liked it. Then I saw picture 3 and likes it. Can you guess where this is going? I think picture 4 is the best! I would love to see a black water tank with picture number 4 as the scape. Maybe even put some Indian almond leaves in between the stumps and call it a day

Where did you get the stumps, seriously I want some!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 04:33 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed
1 or 4

Canon Pimp Club #019

"I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip"

Ebi-topia 75g Rivers Edge Dario H. Breeding Log
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member
Thanks Hcancino and D3monic, The wood is cedar so I am not sure if that matters. Now that I look at some of these Manzi sale threads I feel tempted...

SunSun #16

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 05:10 AM
Wannabe Guru
#4 for sure. Some people say not to use cedar.... As long as its soaked really well shouldnt be a problem.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Wannabe Guru
Number one or four depending on the final look you are trying to achieve..if you do use number four I would add some of those nice rocks in it also, it seems just a little unbalanced with stones only on one side, but that's just IMO..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode