*Zombie Moan* Bbbbrrraaaiiinnsss..... - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
oh jade, i just thought of where you might find little mini tombstones. Model train shop?? ya gotta think someone would make them for those morbid few who would put a cemetery in their model train platform.
Looked into those and the village headstones..They are to small for this project. I am still on the hunt for more gravestones/headstones. I may look into getting more slate rock. I have been meaning to go to the lakes and rivers near me. Just haven't gotten around to it. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Mc View Post
Funny idea, this should be fun to watch. I would carve teeth into that stump hole so it looks like a scary mouth.
Thank you both for the suggestions!

Cassandra
Just my animals: 0.2 Cornsnakes, 0.2 Bearded Dragons, 1.0 Water Dragon, 0.2.1 Crested Geckos, 1.0 Tiger Salamander, 2.0 Anoles, 0.0.2 Red Eared Slider Turtles, 0.0.1 Map Turtle, 0.0.1 Hermit Crabs, 1.0 Hamster, 1.0 Rabbit, 0.1 Horses, 2.2 Dogs, 0.2 Cats, Chickens, Ducks, Oscar Tank, Planted Bowl, 2x 10 Gallon, 2x 0.5 Gallon, 5 Gallon, and Planted 25 Gallon Tank....Is that it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Planted Tank Guru

It's a shame you are so far away. I have an old italian slate pool table that didn't survive water damage. I kept the 3 pieces of slate. Keep meaning to break it up for projects. You could have just broke off what you needed.
post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
It's a shame you are so far away. I have an old italian slate pool table that didn't survive water damage. I kept the 3 pieces of slate. Keep meaning to break it up for projects. You could have just broke off what you needed.
Awww! D: I wish you were closer, too....

Augh! I keep forgetting to add the saran wrap...I did add more black sand to create a hill effect on the tree though.

Cassandra
Just my animals: 0.2 Cornsnakes, 0.2 Bearded Dragons, 1.0 Water Dragon, 0.2.1 Crested Geckos, 1.0 Tiger Salamander, 2.0 Anoles, 0.0.2 Red Eared Slider Turtles, 0.0.1 Map Turtle, 0.0.1 Hermit Crabs, 1.0 Hamster, 1.0 Rabbit, 0.1 Horses, 2.2 Dogs, 0.2 Cats, Chickens, Ducks, Oscar Tank, Planted Bowl, 2x 10 Gallon, 2x 0.5 Gallon, 5 Gallon, and Planted 25 Gallon Tank....Is that it?
post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

This is still going a bit slow. Been very busy with other things.

Cassandra
post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Hey, if you're still looking for gravestones, I might be able to make you some. I might not be able to get to them until next month as I have a lot of orders to fill, but it sounds like a fun project (right up my alley, LOL), and I can make them any size and just about any color, with anything written on them.

They would be made out of high fired stoneware and lead free, food safe glazes. You can go back through my blog to see what sort of work I do: www.risingsunearthworks.com

~June
2500g koi pond, 300g frog/goldfish pond, 100g indoor "pond."
Helping my daughter with her 10g
56g angel tank
post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I have some Slate if you need. could flat rate you some pieces.

Also at each head stone pile some white or brown sand like is was freshly covered... Heck can send you some white sand to haha

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Sump Pimp #8
RAOK Clubber #28
post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by junko View Post
Hey, if you're still looking for gravestones, I might be able to make you some. I might not be able to get to them until next month as I have a lot of orders to fill, but it sounds like a fun project (right up my alley, LOL), and I can make them any size and just about any color, with anything written on them.

They would be made out of high fired stoneware and lead free, food safe glazes. You can go back through my blog to see what sort of work I do: www.risingsunearthworks.com
ooh, this would be a good way to go to

Sump Pimp #8
RAOK Clubber #28
post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by junko View Post

Tempting. I am going through your blog now.

I actually wouldn't want the to say anything. Almost like with time and erosion have erased the names and dates. Would be interesting to get some that look like they are spoltchy like with moss, or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWA-Planted View Post
I have some Slate if you need. could flat rate you some pieces.

Also at each head stone pile some white or brown sand like is was freshly covered... Heck can send you some white sand to haha

You always find the good stuff. xD I still want to go to the lake and rivers, here. And just look around. Hence why this tank is taking so long. I might be interested in the slate. Could you send pictures? How much would the flat rate be?

Cassandra
post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Planted Tank Guru

6 bucks would cover a small flat rate box. if you get out on the gravel bars you should be able to find you some

Sump Pimp #8
RAOK Clubber #28
post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Planted Tank Guru

my local streams and rivers are filled with junk..

no real clearwater streams around. mostly just muck
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJadeShrimp View Post
Tempting. I am going through your blog now.

I actually wouldn't want the to say anything. Almost like with time and erosion have erased the names and dates. Would be interesting to get some that look like they are spoltchy like with moss, or something.
oh, yeah- that would be cool! I've got some glaze that looks just like lichen, and I could just stain the bare clay a mottled dark grey before firing.

~June
2500g koi pond, 300g frog/goldfish pond, 100g indoor "pond."
Helping my daughter with her 10g
56g angel tank
post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 03:06 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Blazingwolf View Post
my local streams and rivers are filled with junk..

no real clearwater streams around. mostly just muck
Oh man! That sucks. We have a small stream here that runs so clear, you could almost drink out of it. Everyone here keeps it clean, because families have picnic near it. And it is a rocky/sandy bank.

Cassandra
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 08:36 AM

Wow, I am really glad i found this forum/thread!
I have been planning my own graveyard/zombie 28gal tank for about a week now.

Hopefully we can help each other

I will be using a 28gal bowfront tank that I have just pulled out of storage and cleaned up. I have some dark-blue/light green (petco brand i think) gravel that I tested with a black light. The green glows radioactive neon green when close to the light. With the distance it will be sitting at from under the hood, it will be a perfect bio-hazard green.

I may also be mixing in one or two bags of solid dark blue to mitigate the green affect in specific areas.

I want the general scene to be that of an old cemetery. Then, off to the side...

THIS

I have always loved the sand fountains, and i figure if i can find neon green fine sand (shouldnt be too hard) it will produce a really cool toxic ooze effect coming out of the barrels.

Add some green glo-fish and several of the other recommendations already mentioned in this thread and it should be awesome.

For gravestones, search for miniature gaming terrain.
I already have some gravestones from Miniatures Gaming (mordheim) that I will probably be sealing and using.
post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 04:28 AM
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via AIM to CatB Send a message via Skype™ to CatB
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespillmonkey View Post
Wow, I am really glad i found this forum/thread!
I have been planning my own graveyard/zombie 28gal tank for about a week now.

Hopefully we can help each other

I will be using a 28gal bowfront tank that I have just pulled out of storage and cleaned up. I have some dark-blue/light green (petco brand i think) gravel that I tested with a black light. The green glows radioactive neon green when close to the light. With the distance it will be sitting at from under the hood, it will be a perfect bio-hazard green.

I may also be mixing in one or two bags of solid dark blue to mitigate the green affect in specific areas.

I want the general scene to be that of an old cemetery. Then, off to the side...

THIS

I have always loved the sand fountains, and i figure if i can find neon green fine sand (shouldnt be too hard) it will produce a really cool toxic ooze effect coming out of the barrels.

Add some green glo-fish and several of the other recommendations already mentioned in this thread and it should be awesome.

For gravestones, search for miniature gaming terrain.
I already have some gravestones from Miniatures Gaming (mordheim) that I will probably be sealing and using.
i hate to burst your bubble, but i really wouldn't use black light.
it's not good for fish (or any living thing), and if you plan on
planting the tank, plants can't photosynthesize in that spectrum...
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 12:38 PM

I have a dual hood setup from last time. One will be a blacklight, the other will be blue spectrum.
The tank will also get plenty of normal light from the room, and indirect from windows nearby. I also do not plan to plant, at least not yet.

Tags
29 gallon, gravestones, radioactive, tombstones, zombie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode