Ach1lL3sH33L Branched 12G Long FTS 12/5/12 - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 11:08 PM
ADA
Wannabe Guru
 
ADA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,084
ADA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 01:57 AM
Planted Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 226
Nice tank! How'd you shape the pipes?
jingleberry is offline  
post #18 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 02:03 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
yellowsno's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bayside,NY
Posts: 528
yellowsno is offline  
post #19 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 04:42 AM
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 133
This is very good! I love the look of the 12 gallon long tanks
JMex is offline  
post #20 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Ach1Ll3sH33L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Socal
Posts: 343
Bit of a setback, the hc I planted was pretty sad and had some hair algae but I decided to try it anyway, as you can probably guess, the hair algae took over, so I replanted some better looking stuff. Added some large hair grass to help change the focal point of the scape. Added some riccia and hybrid stem,pretty happy with how it's turning out, going to let it fill in a bit before I change a few things.

Shot of the equipment



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ach1Ll3sH33L is offline  
post #21 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Upland, CA
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ach1Ll3sH33L View Post
Bit of a setback, the hc I planted was pretty sad and had some hair algae but I decided to try it anyway, as you can probably guess, the hair algae took over, so I replanted some better looking stuff. Added some large hair grass to help change the focal point of the scape. Added some riccia and hybrid stem,pretty happy with how it's turning out, going to let it fill in a bit before I change a few things.

Shot of the equipment



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I love the slide out for the filter and all, that's pretty sweet
swoof is offline  
post #22 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 01:18 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 351
Taking notes, I get my tank this week! beautiful looking set up all around. I think i am going to try a multi tiered set up with a waterfall at one end. I just worry about the water flow throughout the tank. How much soil did it take to fill this tank in?
mythin is offline  
post #23 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Ach1Ll3sH33L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Socal
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythin View Post
Taking notes, I get my tank this week! beautiful looking set up all around. I think i am going to try a multi tiered set up with a waterfall at one end. I just worry about the water flow throughout the tank. How much soil did it take to fill this tank in?
I used about 2 bags of azoo plant grower bed

Ive sort of been neglecting this tank, letting the plants just grow and do their thing. Everything pretty stable except the hc seems to be at a stand still, gonna try to lower my light a bit and see if they will promote some quicker growth.
Ach1Ll3sH33L is offline  
post #24 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 07:00 PM
ADA
Wannabe Guru
 
ADA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ach1Ll3sH33L View Post
I used about 2 bags of azoo plant grower bed

Ive sort of been neglecting this tank, letting the plants just grow and do their thing. Everything pretty stable except the hc seems to be at a stand still, gonna try to lower my light a bit and see if they will promote some quicker growth.
HC is pretty slow growing especially at first. Just be careful how low you put the light. You don't want that Hair Algae to come back and haunt you!
ADA is offline  
post #25 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 07:02 PM
ADA
Wannabe Guru
 
ADA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ach1Ll3sH33L View Post
Shot of the equipment
That sideways sliding draw is intensely awesome.
ADA is offline  
post #26 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ameri,CA
Posts: 619
Great Tank!! I should set mine up soon. What size of acrylic tubing did you purchase? Was it the 1/2" OD?
Kai808 is offline  
post #27 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 09:10 AM
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
 
MsNemoShrimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Jolla, CA
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ach1Ll3sH33L View Post
Shot of the equipment


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Beautiful stand! Is this custom build or bought?

`.. ....`...Miss My - I'm 23 - UCSD Graduate.....۩۩๑๑۩۞۩๑
MsNemoShrimp is offline  
post #28 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delaware, OH
Posts: 417
Question and observation. first, I noticed the IKEA LED strips for the background, I recently tried my own set and they work really well. The wiring in the filter shot confirmed it for me. Second, do you pump in the air from the air pump through the same lines as the CO2 or seperate lines? If so, and you have a diffuser in that reactor, does the pump produce enough pressure for the diffuser as well? I was thinking about doing this through my atomic diffuser but wasw worried about the working pressure required. The more of these tanks I see the more I want to do one myself. Every scape looks awesome and yours is right up there.
Ozydego is offline  
post #29 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Ach1Ll3sH33L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Socal
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozydego View Post
Question and observation. first, I noticed the IKEA LED strips for the background, I recently tried my own set and they work really well. The wiring in the filter shot confirmed it for me. Second, do you pump in the air from the air pump through the same lines as the CO2 or seperate lines? If so, and you have a diffuser in that reactor, does the pump produce enough pressure for the diffuser as well? I was thinking about doing this through my atomic diffuser but wasw worried about the working pressure required. The more of these tanks I see the more I want to do one myself. Every scape looks awesome and yours is right up there.
I was pushing air and c02 through that diffuser for a while, but the air bubbles werent big enough to get rid of the surface film i had. I finally gave up on that diffuser, as it got dirty the c02 was really inconsistent, so now i use an atomizer. an air pump isnt strong enough to push air through an atomizer, and theres really no need. The only reason you would want an air pump is to remove surface film..I rely on high levels of surface agitation to supply oxygen.
Ach1Ll3sH33L is offline  
post #30 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Ach1Ll3sH33L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Socal
Posts: 343
Been a while since i updated this, changed quite a bit.

Went with a new stand from ikea. I got tired of the side pullout being tight with the equipment, then i upgraded to a cerges reactor and things just weren't gonna fit.


I wanted a hole for the lily pipes to be a bit more flexible, in terms of moving the pipes around, and didn't want something that would just be a hole on the top you could see through. so after walking around home depot i came up with this.





Plenty of room for equipment now! I went ahead when i built this thing and siliconed all the seams to keep water from getting on the crappy ikea 'wood'


Tank on the stand


fts


I also got a ray 2, mostly because i want to keep heat down in the room, and i wanted to start an emmersed tank with the t5ho. Still need to hang the ray 2, thats tomorrows project!
Ach1Ll3sH33L is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome