Dewalltheway's - "The 125G" - Page 13 - The Planted Tank Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 414 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
Always a Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben100 View Post
Just went through the entire thread and I must say I love it. Beautiful tank, set up, and determination! I also recommend the BN plecos, mine is great.
Thank you for kind words!

Current Tank Journals: 125 Dream~~~~
Retired Tank Journals: Tranquility ~~~~ Les Collines Rouges ~~~~ Restful Hideaway Riparium~~~~Gone Live-55Gal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 414 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 03:55 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Like so many have said before, I just read through your thread and I must say I have a serious case of tank envy. I'd love to have a tank and room likes yours someday. Having the filters so easy to get to along with all that counter space to work on them must be very nice! When I return from Iraq next year I'm hoping my fiancÚ, wife then, will let me get a bigger tank. Great job.

I have subscribed.
post #183 of 414 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Algae Grower

I too just read through the entire thread and was captivated the whole way. The tank is beautiful! I did not know that sterbai ate blyxa, but that would explain why I can't keep it growing in my tank with 18 sterbai.
Can you tell me the name of the plant in the far background just left of center? Also, what are you using to keep the moss on top of the rocks?
post #184 of 414 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Simple awesome! I especially love the rock work (have I said that here already? I can't remember - lol). I spend a lot of time walking along creek beds here, and i love to see rounded rocks used instead of jagged - it give the environment a completely different look. I like seeing your Congos, too. I can't decide if I want to get some for a future tank or not (I've never seen them in person) but the iridescent colors really show up well in your pics...are all yours male?

The Fraternity of Dirt # 7 - Daughter of the Dirt - Canon Club #018
Twin 29g Dirt Tanks on an Iron Stand - DIY 3D Backgrounds
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...stand-pic.html
The Behemoth - 125 dirt tank
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=199772
post #185 of 414 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 02:38 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Really nice tank, how big are your congos? Bigger then average? I can't figure out if mine are full grown yet, they look much smaller the yours, maybe its the pics?
post #186 of 414 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 03:10 AM
Long-time Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to karce87
Went through the journal and I must say I've gotta do something like this one day! Awesome setup man!
post #187 of 414 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Always a Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
Like so many have said before, I just read through your thread and I must say I have a serious case of tank envy. I'd love to have a tank and room likes yours someday. Having the filters so easy to get to along with all that counter space to work on them must be very nice! When I return from Iraq next year I'm hoping my fiancÚ, wife then, will let me get a bigger tank. Great job.

I have subscribed.
Thanks so much! The layout of this tank with the house worked out great and makes things super easy to get to. Are you serving over in Iraq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewtfw View Post
I too just read through the entire thread and was captivated the whole way. The tank is beautiful! I did not know that sterbai ate blyxa, but that would explain why I can't keep it growing in my tank with 18 sterbai.
Can you tell me the name of the plant in the far background just left of center? Also, what are you using to keep the moss on top of the rocks?
Thanks and I didn't think they did either till I caught them mowing it down. The Jullii cories will not eat it but the Strebai do.

The plant in the background is Pogostemon Stellatus 'Broad Leaf'. I love this plant better then Limnophila Aromatica cause it grows straight but it is only good in large aquariums cause they will get very big.

I take and put the moss on the rocks and then get hair nets and wrap around the rock to hold it in place. Works very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodhunter View Post
Simple awesome! I especially love the rock work (have I said that here already? I can't remember - lol). I spend a lot of time walking along creek beds here, and i love to see rounded rocks used instead of jagged - it give the environment a completely different look. I like seeing your Congos, too. I can't decide if I want to get some for a future tank or not (I've never seen them in person) but the iridescent colors really show up well in your pics...are all yours male?
Thanks! You will love the congos and they are better in person! I think they are all males but not for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustbucket View Post
Really nice tank, how big are your congos? Bigger then average? I can't figure out if mine are full grown yet, they look much smaller the yours, maybe its the pics?
Thank you! The max size for congos is roughly 3" and mine are that and maybe a bit more. For comparison, the rainbows are about 5" long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karce87 View Post
Went through the journal and I must say I've gotta do something like this one day! Awesome setup man!
Thanks for the kind words! Hope you can do it as well because it is very fullfilling.

Retired Tank Journals: Tranquility ~~~~ Les Collines Rouges ~~~~ Restful Hideaway Riparium~~~~Gone Live-55Gal
post #188 of 414 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
Always a Newbie

Few pics. Did a trim, waterchange and a good cleaning last night and tank always looks good the next day.

post #189 of 414 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 03:29 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Lovely! And I just know that last Congo pic was for me - lol

The Fraternity of Dirt # 7 - Daughter of the Dirt - Canon Club #018
Twin 29g Dirt Tanks on an Iron Stand - DIY 3D Backgrounds
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...stand-pic.html
The Behemoth - 125 dirt tank
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=199772
post #190 of 414 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Always a Newbie

Well....some changes are on the way with fish selection and really has already started. I removed my Bala shark from this tank because he was just getting to big and was not leaving my rainbows alone. I also tore down my 20 gal tank and moved my Threadfin Rainbows in this tank but I was afraid the shark would have them for lunch since they are so small so that is another reason for the move.

This weekend I am going to Aquarium Adventure to get more of the following:

Rummmynose Tetras
Harlequin Rasboros
Otos
(1) Pleco
and ....possibly some more YoYo Loaches depending on the price. (Those that followed my 90 Corner Tank remember my yoyo's and that I lost them last year to something.)

Can't wait! Will try and post some updated pics of the tank this weekend if I can.

post #191 of 414 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 11:02 PM
Planted Tank Guru

thats awesome. i am envious!

125g Mud tank.
(A)narchy Love
The Fraternity of Dirt #2
post #192 of 414 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Always a Newbie

Some Updated Pics.....

post #193 of 414 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I love those fish in there. Did you get your algae under control? The tank looks totally clean in these shots.
post #194 of 414 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Always a Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrophyte View Post
I love those fish in there. Did you get your algae under control? The tank looks totally clean in these shots.
It has balanced out. I did buy a Ancistrus Bushynose Pleco and 4 more Otos to help clean, but the tank has balanced itself and things have acclimated to the water conditions really well, especially the Jungle Vals.

I also added my Threadfin rainbows from my 20 gal and purchased some Bleeding Heart Tetras, and more Rummynose Tetras. I really like the varity and size differences of the fish I have right now.

post #195 of 414 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Algae Grower

I love this tank! Good call on switching out the bigger rocks with the smaller ones, the scale is more appropriate for the "tree trunks". Gorgeous! I am so jealous!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode