Planted Tank Obsessed
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: under a dead ohio sky
Haven't updated this is in awhile so here goes.
I think there is something wrong with the co2 regulator (which is probably why the bba is taking over), its been suggested to me to increase the working pressure and adjust the needle valve and if that doesn't work to put a second valve inline. So that's where I'm at with that.
I put a screen over the light to try to discourage the bba, and it worked, but the plants are leggy. I haven't changed the dosing schedule either and not sure if I should? I keep changing the water once a week ~50% so shouldn't hurt anything just seems unnecessary.
I want to do two things:
1.) remove the 2nd, smaller filter. It doesn't disconnect correctly and its a real PITA to clean now. it's also overkill as my main concern was circulation, but there is a powerhead next to it (i'm diffusing the co2 through it) so it really doesn't need to be there. i was thinking of slowly removing the media piece by piece over time so that the sudden removal of bacteria wouldn't be such a shock, but I also kinda wanted to use it in the 10 gallon at home, and therefor don't want to throw the bacteria away... so not sure how to go about doing that... AND...
2.) i want to add more fish. right now there is one angel and 5 red minor tetras and I would like to add 5 more red minor tetras and 10 or 15 neon tetras but I don't know if that would be too much. I also don't know that I should remove the 2nd filter if I add so many fish. I wouldn't add them all at once, obviously... but don't know if i should...
I have gone to a place far below up above and in between the middle.