I added a bunch of Christmas moss to the outflow of the HOB. I decided to start adding more plants to the hob. I layered the moss on top of the existing riccia. On top of the moss I added a few different plant species. Hopefully I'll get some pics in a few days.
I know I've not updated this journal in a few months. I've just been letting this tank do it's own thing. I keep up with top offs & WC, but they aren't super often. At the current moment it's in desperate need of a top off/WC, but my city's main water main broke last week leaving us waterless for a day, brown for a couple days after that. I've been trying to delay adding water to all of my tanks. Haha.
The only inhabitants are a healthy colony of ramshorn snails and a bunch of pond snails which I smash on a regular basis.
I have added some new plants over the last few months, both above and below the waterline.
Well tomorrow is the last day of classes for the fall, so I will be doing work on all my tanks over the next week.... Just thought I'd provide a little teaser for now!
Love the way this tank is looking. Hopefully getting a 20L soon and am definitely planning on going the riparium route. Today was my last day of classes as well and now its time to catch up on forums and do some much needed tank maintenance.
Those plants look happy. You should cut that aluminum plant down with a couple nodes at the base and then make a couple more cuttings for rooting with it.
Thanks Devin! I plan on doing a trim sometime in the next week. I've already got the aluminum plant in my sights! After a full summer of blooming the 'Katie' died back, losing almost all of this leaves. It stayed that way for almost two months and has really just started growing well again in the last month.
The black mangrove has finally started growing! it sat there with one set of leaves for months. Now its got probably 3 sets total!
Nice tank! What is the plant with the broad green/blue leaves on the top right side?
I think you're asking about the Pothos, which is growing out of the hob and along the back of the tank. The older leaves are almost solid green. Since I've been using the cfl more of the variegation is appearing.
So I have been thinking about rearranging the aquascape of this tank. The Fluval underwater filter stopped functioning about two months ago. I haven't really messed with it to see if I can get it working. Kinda disappointed that it has stopped, as it's not that old!
So what I am thinking about doing is separating the two pieces of wood, moving the larger piece to the opposite side of the tank. This would put this piece in front/under the riparium planters. The smaller piece of wood, which has the A.b. Nana attached, would be placed against the back of the back around the 1/3 point in from the left. I think this hardscape would allow more room to arrange plants in the tank. Doing this would require moving a few crypts but would allow me to leave the C. parva "carpet"(lol) untouched.
I haven't really figured out how I want to rearrange the plants yet. I've got a random selection of stems that I've added over the last few months of replanting my 55. Several species have done better in this tank than my 55.
I've got a few stems of S. repens that are barely surviving in the 55 that I will probably move over to this tank to use as a mid ground plant just behind the parva.
I will go snap a couple pics of this tank right now & add them in a just a minute.