So just a quick update! No pics as my iPhone finally kicked the bucket over the weekend. Not to mention I always forget to buy batteries for my real camera!
The sword was removed from behind the driftwood. I replaced it with close to 10 small Crypt. Balansae! They are melting pretty badly, as has all the balansae I've ever dealt with. No worries. It just takes time. I'm trying to keep the tank clear of the dead plant debris.
A couple clumps of java fern that were sitting on the low end of the driftwood were also removed. I see a RAOK in my near future!
Finally moved the heater to a spot it's no longer in your face visible. This aquarium looks like it is slowly coming together. If I could just find some C. Parva for the foreground!!!!
I have been testing this tank on a regular basis and all looks good. My TDS continues to remain on the higher side of the PFRs comfort zone, but within reason. I have been doing a been doing a 5 gallon +whatever has evaporated(usually about a gallon) once a week. I am refilling the tank with RO water remineralized with Shirakura CA+.
I regularly see at least two nice little shrimp. I would guess there are more then I think still in the tank. I feel like I am ready for another small batch of shrimp. I started to get more a couple weeks ago but decided I was better off waiting longer to make sure I was ready for more shrimp.
The riparium plants have really started to take off! Pictures to come within the next day or two!!