Time for a little update. So far I've been keeping up with the EI dosing and WC program pretty well. The tank is showing great signs of growth and I'm pleased with it so far. I have a few pictures, but they are sucky iphone pics...
First up, a FTS from 12/15/12:
...and here's a FTS from today (I just did a major WC and trimmed some things here and there):
As you may have noticed, all the blyxa japonica has died. I don't know how to keep this plant happy. I've had it a few times in the past and it has always died. Maybe it's the substrate. I've tried and failed with this particular plant using eco-complete, aquariumplants.com's own substrate, and MTS. I throw in the towel with blyxa. I mean, who needs that plants when lobelia cardinalis grows like a champ for me!!
Lobelia patch from 12/15/12 (actually it's the entire right side of the tank):
...and a look at the patch as of today 1/6/13:
I must apologize for the poor photo quality yet again in the same post. These pictures are awful! One of these days I'll get a nice camera...
Here's a look at the flame moss the day it was tied to my driftwood 12/15/12:
This red tiger lotus plant is a beast! It grew this big in no time flat! My wife loves this one:
Red melon sword then (back corner):
The foreground is sucky to say the least. I'm not impressed with it one bit. Lilaeopsis brasiliensis isn't really getting anywhere fast. I'm going to be patient with it, though. I do see small signs of growth here and there. A few small shoots here and there. I don't know, maybe it just takes a LONG, LONG time for this one to do its thing.
Alright, that's it for now. I'll leave you with one final FTS:
Please, please, please let me know what you think. I want to have some dialog here.