Standard 29 Gallon
Worm Castings, Dolomite, Potash, Ground Up Leaves, MGOP, Peat, and a small amount of coco coir. Capped with loam.
Will be DIY for now until there is cash for hooking it up to my pressurized system
2* 40W 5000K CFL Bulbs in two clamp light fixtures from Home Depot. About fourteen inches from the top of the tank.
ApesX 1150 Aquarium Sponge Filter
Endlers livebearers, red ramshorn snails, and some CRS (Future additions)
That is to be determined. The only thing I have really considered so far is a Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis & Rotala Macrandra
I started setting up this tank on 1/7/2012 so it is a work in progress. Will post pics each time there is some kind of improvement
As far as my filter / estimated fauna/flora they have not went in the tank or even been bought yet so I am completely open to others suggestion on what might work best / look best.
The tank was just started on the 7th so it is still in its infancy. As of today all I have in it is the substrate, some wood, and stone (well some fish but really just because I was bored, they will not be staying).
The first pic is more of a teaser as all it shows is the substrate so you can see how I sifted out the larger particles and placed them on the top / front for visual purposes. I would post more pics but she has the camera at the moment (I took the substrate picture with the cell phone yesterday) so the earliest there will be some decent pics up is tonight (the 9th)