A friend asked for an update of some of my Echinodorus opacus so here it is!
I did a really dumb thing. Soaked my opacus in diluted bleach to kill off some algae. They didn't like that. Had to cut off all the old leaves and sorta building from scatch now. There went several months of growth down the drain! Here are before and after shots.
another type that looks very similar to the first, i'm not totally convinced they are the same yet. They do have some slight differences in growth pattern.
This one I was lucky enough not to bleach! It's a larger type.
This is the 90P with hardscape and opacus in. I had actually rescaped to devote this tank to Echinodorus opacus type plants, bucephalandra, some crypts and slower growing type plants. Most of the hard scape is there to hold up the slope I built up on the back left corner. I know the woodwork looks kinda funky, but I'm kinda happy with how it turned out. The wood provided some shaded area for some of the bucephalandra I put in there. I plan to tie some microsorum sp. to the wood so hopefully that will pull it together better.
Found this pic of my 40b shortly after replanting and before the the green water invasion.
I would like to post a pic of the current growth, but I cant see a damn thing in there! Too much green water!