CmLaracy's ADA 75P v.IV - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 01:50 AM
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via AIM to VadimShevchuk Send a message via Skype™ to VadimShevchuk
I read your three previous journals of the 75-p and im glad you came back for a fourth try! looking good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 03:28 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzFishKid View Post
I am no expert my any means, but I was quite skeptical of this scape when you first posted pictures of it in the aquascaping section. However, i really like what you've done with it. The moss really makes it look more like an aquascape rather than a pile of rocks. The hairgrass in the back looks super nice, and so does the HC. Nice job and i look forward to following this tank's progression!
+1.

At first the rocks seemed too much, but it turned out magnificently.
post #18 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by VadimShevchuk View Post
I read your three previous journals of the 75-p and im glad you came back for a fourth try! looking good
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzite View Post
+1.

Thanks guys
post #19 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Planted Tank VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzite View Post
+1.

Agreed. I was very skeptical of this layout and it did pull together nicely. I think the taller hairgrass would have been a bit more backdrop to the setup, but it still looks great.

post #20 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Agreed. I was very skeptical of this layout and it did pull together nicely. I think the taller hairgrass would have been a bit more backdrop to the setup, but it still looks great.
Thanks. And yeah I was planning on using Vivipara but couldn't find any, this hairgrass seemed like it would do the trick under enough light because the AS is about 8" in the back. If the soil wasn't so sloped it wouldn't be tall enough at all.

So what type of schooling fish do you guys think I should get Due to the small scale plants I want to go with a very small fish. 30-40 of them. I was thinking cardinals, but even they might be a little to big and throw off the scale.
post #21 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Planted Member

Given the color scheme in this tank, I'd go with boraras or microdevario. Really loving this hard scape. Very pride rock!
post #22 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by inka4041 View Post
Given the color scheme in this tank, I'd go with boraras or microdevario. Really loving this hard scape. Very pride rock!
Hmmmm Thanks for the compliment and idea!

Not a bad choice, I'm considering it. Do they school well? They may match my sakuras a little bit too much but thats not a big deal, I don't have many and I doubt any of their babies will survive due to the xp3. Got anything with blue in it? I know nothing in the way of fish species.
post #23 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Wannabe Guru

How about celestial pearl danios? They only have red on the fins so it wouldnt be too much abd if you get ahold of some good quality ones they are blue with awesone gold spots.
post #24 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwheeler91 View Post
How about celestial pearl danios? They only have red on the fins so it wouldnt be too much abd if you get ahold of some good quality ones they are blue with awesone gold spots.
Based off of a simple google image search, they look a bit too large. My goal with the tank was to contrast substantial amounts of large rock with small plants, hence the HC, dwarf xmas moss, and dwarf hairgrass on steroids. The suggestion is still appreciated, as I know next to nothing about fish, and any input is a learning experience. If they are smaller than Gimages lead me to believe, let me know. It's a 40g and my goal was to make it look like a 60g+. Once I get the DSLR I'll take out the powerhead, lily pipes, and diffuser to really capture the "false" scale I've attempted to create.

Here's two shots from my iphone 4 (not the 4S, so the camera is awful, whereas the 4S takes great shots of my tank, a few friends have it). These shots were taken about 10 minutes ago. Thanks for looking!

post #25 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Planted Tank VIP

Chris,

Talk directly with msjinkzd.

She will guide you into the best fish that will suite your idea and she is a very respectable supplier.

post #26 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 05:46 PM
Planted Member

The boraras are like most other schoolers in that they are in tightest formation when they're scared. They do keep some sort of spatial relationship to each other, but ime, they don't school tight like some of the danios and tetras.

Sundadanio axelrodi 'blue' - http://jmorgan.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p126978537.jpg
Microdevario kubotai - http://tinyurl.com/Mkubotai (the color is entirely dependent on the angle of the light. These things are frosted peridot green in person)
post #27 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

just by looking through a thread or two of hers I'm starting to think green neons might be a good choice, they're nice and blue... lol. If they're actually green someone let me know :P
post #28 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Wannabe Guru

Boraras brigittae dont really shoal as was said, the males will stake out a territory and and beat up the other males. They kind of equally space themselves about the tank. Very good looking though. Idk how big cpd's appear on google but they are generally an inch long. Very "meaty" so they might seem larger. They will spawn every morning for you though, its a pleasant sight... Makes me wanna get some more
post #29 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

From last night with the iphone 4

Hopefully picking up the DSLR before this thing is overgrown. Thanks for looking.
post #30 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Wannabe Guru

I really think this tank would place very well in a contest. Nice job!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode