Got the tank started on Dec 6, right before I got busy with work and having future in-laws staying over for the holidays.
: MrAqua MA-465LI Cube
: Hagen Exo Terra Cabinet Stand - I don't like the stand at all. I might have a mistake during the assembly, but it is nowhere near as sturdy as any of the other wooden aquarium stands I've assembled before.
: Archaea 36W Power Compact fixture with the ADA PC bulb. The fixture is 4+ years old, and I recently had to replace the ballast with a Fulham Workhorse.
: Rena XP2. Currently also have an old Penn Plax HOB filter, to help jumpstart the cycle.
: is the new ADA Aqua Soil Multi-type, and ADA Nile Sand
: Seiryu (sp?) rocks, and some very nice gnarly manzanita from Tom Barr.
: I have pressurized CO2 ready, but have not installed it yet.
: EI dosing, when CO2 gets started.
2.6L of ADA Nile Sand. I know it doesn't look much, but during this time I really intended on having only half an inch of sand or less.
The sand flattened a little bit, then the rocks added. The rocks are basically there as decoration and my (feeble) attempt to keep the aqua soil from mixing with the sand.
Added a very nice piece of manzanita. Added a few short pieces in my attempt to have some cohesion between the wood and the rocks.
Added the bolbitus, trident java fern, and weeping moss.
Unfortunately, I might have had one too many New Castle's by the time I was filling with water, so a bunch of aqua soil granules ended up on the sand. Will need to take that out....
I added some red stems at the back and finally got to install the XP2 along with Do!Aqua Inflow and ADA Outflow glass pipes last sunday, but have not gotten to take updated pics yet. I'll try to post updated pics tomorrow.