I'm new to this forum so let me introduce a little bit about me. Well, I from Malaysia but currently studying in a college here in United States (Rochester, NY). This is not my first time setting up a nano tank. Before this I've made 3-4 layouts and I learned new things each time. But I'm still far away to become an expert though
So, here is the tank before I put in all the plants, HC and Hairgrass:
At first, the color of the stones looked about the same, but after I filled in the water, they showed their 'true colors', which was kinda disappointing..
but nevermind, I don't have much choices though.
After 6 weeks of waiting, the tank looks like this:
I trimmed the plants twice during the interval. There are no serious algae problem except some GSA on the glass. And this is how the tank currently looks like (18/12/11):
And other photos that I would like to share
- ADA Mini M (approx 5.5 US gallons)
- Archae 27W lighting (I used another 20W CFL lighting for rapid growth, now removed))
- Finnex PX-360 canister filter
- Fluval CO2 88g kit
- ADA Amazonia New (Powder type)
- plants: Hemianthus callitrichoides, Eleocharis acicularis
- Fauna: Cherry shrimps, 4 young guppies