Crazydaz Square 200 Gallon-The End w/Teaser Shots of next set up!! - Page 32 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #466 of 472 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Algae Grower

Completely unrelated to the tank, but I noticed Goodlettesville as your location. We go by there a couple of times a year and I have to recommend the restaurant "Chef's Market." The food is fabulous.

Best of luck with setting thing back up! I'm sure it will be even more beautiful than before!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #467 of 472 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Wannabe Guru

Good start. You have your work cut out for you. That last scape was AMAZING.

ADA mini L - ADA 120p

post #468 of 472 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
Returning. Videotapes.

Send a message via Skype™ to crazydaz
Cob---probably don't eat them, but they will scavenge any remaining....meat....The Circle of Life, type of thing, I guess!

Obakemono--Yes, the lights are now a good 2.5 feet off the tank now. I have taken a measurement yet, but this is lower light. I will be buying new fixtures with German reflectors relatively soon. Two light pendants of 8x54watt T5 HO's, for a total of 16 bulbs. That will help, but once I get plants on the Manzy, it will certainly dim things down below the Manzy. I have mostly anubia species, crypts, and buce's in there, so they will appreciate the lower light conditions. The stems are in unobstructed lighting areas. There is still some re-arranging that I'm sure will happen, but I am hoping for a slower growing set up.

Drema--Thank you! I'll take every ounce of luck that I can get! My CO2 closed loop system is completely fried, so I have to get another one soon! Just happened tonight, too! Darn thing started leaking water after I waterproofed it yesterday, and then stopped. I hope that I don't lose too many plants.....

Chef's is sweet! The wife and I usually go there for lunch once or twice per month. And take home a piece of cake for dessert to split later on!

Antbug! Thanks bro! Most of the fun is in the journey rather than the destination, yes?

Last edited by crazydaz; 09-27-2012 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Adding comments
post #469 of 472 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 04:47 AM
Wannabe Guru

Absolutely. It wouldn't be a hobby if you just set it up and it was done.

I remember when I first saw your journal and I though, bad shape for a planted tank. It's hard enough to pull off a good looking tank with one viewing side and you pulled off a stunning 360 degree tank. Thumbs up. Looking forward to this one.

ADA mini L - ADA 120p

post #470 of 472 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 05:12 AM Thread Starter
Returning. Videotapes.

Thanks, Anthony!! Btw--did Tom ever explain why the green lights are important to use in your fixture? For the life of me, I've been scratching my head over that one. Green plants reflect green light, which is why they are green. Is there a chance that yellow light wavelengths from the green bulb are what you are trying to gain? Let me know, when you can! I would like to try some of these types of bulbs...the red and purple bulbs are "defines" for me....not so sure of the green bulbs though.
post #471 of 472 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Algae Grower

Any updates or new pics??
post #472 of 472 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Returning. Videotapes.

Hi Correna!

I started a new Journal thread for the new tank set up after I tore it down. Here's a link:

Crazydaz's Square 200G RIPARIUM Stikes back-The End! 1/6/16 PICS!!

.....let the Journal remain dead...... LOL!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode