Jasmine's low tech planted goldfish tank! - Page 31 - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #451 of 453 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 05:42 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaAurora View Post
WHAT? When did you get a 90g goldfish tank? and why have I note seen a journal for it?!
As for eating plants did you give the goldies another veggie source like cucumber in the tank or veggie heavy meals like soilent green from repashy?

I probably did not feed them enough veggies. I never made a journal for it. Some days it looked cool, but most of the time its "meh". I tried to kind of go for an indoor pond. I don't know if we're going to keep it. Its looking a bit sad today. I either need to get my butt in gear and really put some effort into it, or sell it. My wife wanted the white background to keep things bright as this is in our kitchen, but I think black would look much better.

I have to say though, it looked pretty darn cool when it was 1/3 full. I might have to get rid of the goldies and do a paludarium with it.

PS: Suction cups suck. I only had enough wire to make hangers for 3 of my baskets.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160902_145508.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	673626  

Name:	20160912_194002.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	673634  

Name:	20160922_103836.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	673642  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 453 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 11:07 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I think I enjoyed the tank better when the water was full oh well, anyway nice tank though, really loving the whole plants around it thing as well!
post #453 of 453 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Im sad to say that i had to put my goldfish down. Due to his probable kidney failure he continued to become edematous and was stating to develop blisters and was not swimming. He still wanted to eat but he must have been miserable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode