2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #436 of 442 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldwater King View Post
The tank looks amazing!
Thanks!
Funny you should comment on it now...I just cleaned it up and put my goldfishy in it today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #437 of 442 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 07:44 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Jasmine,

Sorry to hear about your female!!! She was a big, Beautiful Goldie, and I am sure you as well as your big male will miss her!!! On a happier note, your 40b looks AMAZING!!!! I will be looking forward to seeing it growout with "Big Boy" in it!!!!

Keep up updated on how it is going!
Take Care!!!
Drew

P.S. Your Tats are FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! The lines are so clean and the coloring is so detailed!!!They almost look like decals they look sooooo good!!!Thanks for showing us, and I would love to see the next one when it is done!!!

Thanks and Take Care,
Drew
------------------------------------------------------
Algae: the BANE of my Aquarium Life! It's ALL WAYS GROWING where I DON'T WANT IT TO, and NEVER where I NEED IT TOO!!!
post #438 of 442 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 05:43 PM
Planted Tank Guru

post #439 of 442 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

He his doing well and the tank wont stop growing. He barely has room to swim!!
I have some algae issues, due to sunlight and my planted plus 24/7. I bought light raisers to raise it up 3.5 inches.
He also keeps digging up the sand in the middle of the tank and exposing clay and dirt....I think the circulation pump doesnt help either.
I have many rip plants that are out of control too. I just added purple waffle. I can go a whole week without changing the water. My fish tells me when its time to be changed, he gets moopy. However my nitrates always read 5-10ppms. Something that i have NEVER been able to accomplish before. =]
post #440 of 442 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 02:28 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjasminex View Post
He his doing well and the tank wont stop growing. He barely has room to swim!!
I have some algae issues, due to sunlight and my planted plus 24/7. I bought light raisers to raise it up 3.5 inches.
He also keeps digging up the sand in the middle of the tank and exposing clay and dirt....I think the circulation pump doesnt help either.
I have many rip plants that are out of control too. I just added purple waffle. I can go a whole week without changing the water. My fish tells me when its time to be changed, he gets moopy. However my nitrates always read 5-10ppms. Something that i have NEVER been able to accomplish before. =]
Nice with the nitrates! Hoping to do that with my tank. Purple waffle is a great hardy riparium plant, I've had mine for a few years and its decently big (not tall but bulky and wide-actually so heavy it falls over-I have to use a some ss mesh to prop it up because I don't want to cut it) and it will have lovely little white blooms for you in time. If you trim it just replant it and wait, it will wilt a little but bounce back in 1-2 weeks.
Do you pull plants out form in the tank to give more room or just trim off some leaves here and there?
post #441 of 442 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I pull the not so good looking ones/ older leaves/ algae riddled ones out to help with space. Something always needs pulling because they grow so fast!
post #442 of 442 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Massive amount of plants....photo taken during tonights water change.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode