12 Gallon Long Rimless "Escape" Updated 4/17 - Page 10 - The Planted Tank Forum
View Poll Results: Should I put all pictures & updates on the first post?
Yes 100 71.94%
No 39 28.06%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #136 of 264 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
manualfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpnmoss View Post
848 DARK!?!...SICKO...freaking drools...Ferrari on two wheels...how about some pics of that bad boy?
It's nice for track days but not exactly a daily driver. It's brutal. The CBR is much easier and more forgiving. You're not getting any pics until I see some updates on your ShrimpTech Nano journal! Let's see them Shadows!

Haha.. I'll take some pics when the weather stops sucking. It's been real rainy and depressing around here for a few days.
manualfocus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #137 of 264 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Shrimpsanity
 
shrimpnmoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 47 31' 49" N / 122 1' 53" W
Posts: 3,052
Send a message via Yahoo to shrimpnmoss
Quote:
Originally Posted by manualfocus View Post
It's nice for track days but not exactly a daily driver. It's brutal. The CBR is much easier and more forgiving. You're not getting any pics until I see some updates on your ShrimpTech Nano journal! Let's see them Shadows!

Haha.. I'll take some pics when the weather stops sucking. It's been real rainy and depressing around here for a few days.
hahah...that journal won't be updated for a while....I already broke down that tank and moved the TB over to my modified breeder box which is hard to take pics of....I'll get around to restart that tank one day I'm not feeling so lazy...

|ShrimpTech|v1|v2|v3|v4|
shrimpnmoss is offline  
post #138 of 264 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Obsessed? Maybe
 
somewhatshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 12,552
manualfocus: Definitely leaves white marks if you're super-messy like me. But here's a shot just two days after applying it all sloppy-like on 03/17:



Here it is today:



Most of the white has already been covered up by moderate moss growth. If you're clean with it and bunch the moss on it, there won't be much that's visible.

Will try to get some photos the next time I take the bike out.

Warlock: Just about every week I get that notice. Just sign up to be notified (also do the same via their PetStore.com site) so you'll know when it hits.
somewhatshocked is offline  
post #139 of 264 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Warlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Austin
Posts: 887
will do somewhat..
Warlock is offline  
post #140 of 264 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
manualfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpnmoss View Post
hahah...that journal won't be updated for a while....I already broke down that tank and moved the TB over to my modified breeder box which is hard to take pics of....I'll get around to restart that tank one day I'm not feeling so lazy...
Here's me on my way to the petshop:

Haha, JK. I wish I could lean like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
Most of the white has already been covered up by moderate moss growth. If you're clean with it and bunch the moss on it, there won't be much that's visible.

Will try to get some photos the next time I take the bike out.
I guess the trick is to use just enough and be careful. I think Mini Pellia should cover up the white patches pretty well as it's quite thick. Do you know if MP will eventually grow onto the rocks like some mosses?

How's the ride on the 1199, BTW? I hear the riding position is much better compared to the 1098/848s.
manualfocus is offline  
post #141 of 264 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Shrimpsanity
 
shrimpnmoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 47 31' 49" N / 122 1' 53" W
Posts: 3,052
Send a message via Yahoo to shrimpnmoss
Jake's got a 1199, Tuan's got a 848, Harry's got a R6...apparently Shrimps and Bikes goes hand in hand...gotta have a conversation with the wife ASAP!...

|ShrimpTech|v1|v2|v3|v4|
shrimpnmoss is offline  
post #142 of 264 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
manualfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpnmoss View Post
Jake's got a 1199, Tuan's got a 848, Harry's got a R6...apparently Shrimps and Bikes goes hand in hand...gotta have a conversation with the wife ASAP!...
Make sure you tell her that this is what you want:


Somebody's gotta up one on Jake.. it might as well be you!
manualfocus is offline  
post #143 of 264 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Shrimpsanity
 
shrimpnmoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 47 31' 49" N / 122 1' 53" W
Posts: 3,052
Send a message via Yahoo to shrimpnmoss
Quote:
Originally Posted by manualfocus View Post
Make sure you tell her that this is what you want:

Somebody's gotta up one on Jake.. it might as well be you!
Someone needs to put a faring on that sucker and turn it into a Tron Cycle.

Then the next step is to buy a Tron Suit.

|ShrimpTech|v1|v2|v3|v4|
shrimpnmoss is offline  
post #144 of 264 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
manualfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpnmoss View Post
Someone needs to put a faring on that sucker and turn it into a Tron Cycle.

Then the next step is to buy a Tron Suit.
$1300

By somebody, I'm assuming you're referring to yourself!

Well, it's been a slow day at the office, so I decided to set up a Cubus tank at my desk:



Substrate: Fluval Shrimp Stratum topped with EcoComplete
H2O: 100% RO
Flora: Myriophyllum mattogrossense, Eichhornia diversifolia, & Xmas Moss
Fauna: 2 SSS CRS & 4 PFRs

The filter is an Azoo Palm and it's the stock LED light, which I'm trying to find a replacement for since it's super inadequate. Anyone have a recommendation to a good and compact LED light?
manualfocus is offline  
post #145 of 264 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Shrimpsanity
 
shrimpnmoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 47 31' 49" N / 122 1' 53" W
Posts: 3,052
Send a message via Yahoo to shrimpnmoss
Quote:
Originally Posted by manualfocus View Post

I've got two SSS CRS in there and four PFRs in there. The filter is an Azoo Palm and it's the stock LED light, which I'm trying to find a replacement for since it's super inadequate. Anyone have a recommendation to a good and compact LED light?
I've been looking at these for my next tank.

LED

More Powerful LED

|ShrimpTech|v1|v2|v3|v4|
shrimpnmoss is offline  
post #146 of 264 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Obsessed? Maybe
 
somewhatshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 12,552
Even if you gob the glue on there, just be sure to cover it all up with moss. Won't really be visible after a week or so.

I don't think mini pellia will attach itself. It's always floated like riccia for me. Always have to keep it netted down.

Re: bike - can't say the ride is amazingly better. Maybe a tad bit more comfy. But I think that's because there's a lot more weight in the front of the bike that makes handling feel more... normal (best word I can come up with). Kind of afraid to really find out how it handles but plan to once business slows down and the Kentucky Derby (ugh - the insane crowds) is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manualfocus View Post
I guess the trick is to use just enough and be careful. I think Mini Pellia should cover up the white patches pretty well as it's quite thick. Do you know if MP will eventually grow onto the rocks like some mosses?

How's the ride on the 1199, BTW? I hear the riding position is much better compared to the 1098/848s.
somewhatshocked is offline  
post #147 of 264 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Upland, CA
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by manualfocus View Post

08 CBR600RR
10 848 Dark


Thanks! Do you have any idea how you're going to stock it? I wish I lived in CA. The riding season is adequate here but it gets super hot during the middle summer months. Those Z1000s are badass.
mmm 848 Dark

I'm not sure if i'm gonna do rili and maybe TT's or a big school of Microrasbora kubotai. We get months of triple didgets here, people think i'm nuts for wearing a riding jacket all year round. 112 degrees on the freeway and i'm wearing my speed&strength textile!

Howard let me know how the LED works out.
swoof is offline  
post #148 of 264 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
manualfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpnmoss View Post
I've been looking at these for my next tank.

LED

More Powerful LED
Thanks for the lead, Howard. I wonder if they're too powerful and turn this thing into a huge mess of algae. It'd be awesome to make this little tank into a high-techish setup though. Funny how that light costs more than this entire setup at the moment. What's your next tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
Even if you gob the glue on there, just be sure to cover it all up with moss. Won't really be visible after a week or so.

I don't think mini pellia will attach itself. It's always floated like riccia for me. Always have to keep it netted down.

Re: bike - can't say the ride is amazingly better. Maybe a tad bit more comfy. But I think that's because there's a lot more weight in the front of the bike that makes handling feel more... normal (best word I can come up with). Kind of afraid to really find out how it handles but plan to once business slows down and the Kentucky Derby (ugh - the insane crowds) is over.
I've see a few scapes where MP was used heavily and it always seems like it was grown onto the rocks. Maybe it was just a really good glue job.

I'm excited to see pics of your bike. Our one Ducati dealer here has not gotten a 1199 in as far as I know. I really like how they've restyled the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoof View Post
mmm 848 Dark

I'm not sure if i'm gonna do rili and maybe TT's or a big school of Microrasbora kubotai. We get months of triple didgets here, people think i'm nuts for wearing a riding jacket all year round. 112 degrees on the freeway and i'm wearing my speed&strength textile!

Howard let me know how the LED works out.
ATGATT!
manualfocus is offline  
post #149 of 264 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 04:07 PM
ADA
Wannabe Guru
 
ADA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by manualfocus View Post
Haha, JK. I wish I could lean like that.
Easier than it looks.. gotta really hang off the bike.. head/shoulders will feel like they're down under your mirror if you're doing it right
ADA is offline  
post #150 of 264 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 02:48 AM
Obsessed? Maybe
 
somewhatshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 12,552
Any new photo teasers of what's to come with the tank?
somewhatshocked is offline  
Reply

Tags
12 gallon rimless, crystal black shrimp, crystal red shrimp, iwagumi, oebt

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome