I took out the DIY filter because the powerhead did not work properly at all. It was barely pushing any water, so for the time being I put in a Penguin 550. It is definitely too strong for a 10G, but I didn't want to go back to a HOB and I'm still looking for a better solution. So I was able to adjust the flow so it doesn't push too hard. The only unfortunate thing is that it really pushes the duckweed under and it gets caught everywhere.
I've always loved duckweed, and I grow it and sell it here locally, but it just isn't cutting it in this tank, so for the most part it is removed, but not completely.
I also changed the hardscape. It dawned on me that as the Wisteria and moss grew, I didn't have much room to propagate, so I had to readjust the layout. I should be able to leave it this way for a while, ha. The najas is growing like crazy and is starting to look good as I bunch it together.
In other good news, the shrimp finally had babies. I was getting really worried for a while because I could never find any of the females, but that was when I hadn't adjust the flow of the penguin, but they are all out and about now with too many babies to count. I also removed the 6 baby mickey mouse platy's and placed them in a 20G I have in my living-room right now.
So far my Cherry Shrimp love eating the leafy part of broccoli and blanched Kale, they don't even nibble on zucchini.
(Sorry for the glare, I forgot to turn off a lamp)