This is the re-scape of my 10 gallon outlined in my Low Tech Thread My First NPT - A 10 Gallon Journey
. I've decided to continue the journal here instead because it just seemed more appropriate.
Subtrate: Soil with a pea gravel cap.
Flora: Bacopa Monnieri, Rotala Roundiflora, Hygrophila Difformis, Ludwigia Repens, Cryptocoryne Undulata, Cryptocoryne Lutea, Anubias Nana Petite, Dwarf Sagittaria Subulata, Helathium Tenellum, Hydrcotyle Leucocephala.
Fauna: going to be cherry barbs and yet to be determined companions.
Ferts: 1mL 1.5% Glutaraldehyde Solution daily.
Lights: 2 23W, 6500K CFL.
So... after some planning and lots of waiting my 10 gallon B. Monnieri garden, which had some super great emergent growth was trimmed out and the clippings were used to replant this tank, a 5 gallon with a pending journal, and my office 1 gallon.
The only other plants that survived the original planting and subsequent H2O2 misadventure were the Anubias, and Hydrocotyle so they were reused, of course.
I have a HOB on the left side which directs flow from the left rear of the tank, across to the right. On the right side I have a pump that directs flow from the front right across to the left.
I added a background... 95% limo window tint. This was my first time using this product and there is definitely a learning curve. Overall, I'm pleased with the result and will use this on my 55 when I set it up. It allows some light pass through which so if you desire a solid opaque look, this might not be the best option.
I'm also pleased with the way the scape came together. I only have 1 plantlet of Lutea because, well, I just didn't get a good pot. I'm going let the plant dealer know... It was the only disappointing part of the plant shipment.
Well, that's it... here's the FTS!