Hey guys it's been a couple weeks and I finally got it all set up. Had a set back with my original pump that was leaking and drawing in air, so I replaced it with a BlueLine 175GPH pump. Now I got it all filled and planted.
Here's a full shot of the filled tank:
As you can tell I've had a bit of an avalanche of soil that's been flowing into the sand
gonna try to get that sorted out.
I also added some extra clumps of some submersed grass I had to fill in the empty spots so it can carpet quicker.
View from the right side:
Put some low growing Hydrocotyle in the open space between the rocks:
Moss on the driftwood & my DIY drop checker:
Close-up of the Christmas moss:
Here's a shot of my DIY acrylic lily pipe, check out the tiny vortex!
Matching acrylic inflow:
Found this little guy crawling around on my glass, must have been in one of my plant packages. Hopefully there's not enough of them to keep breeding but I wouldn't mind having a couple snails running around cleaning up my tank.
This is a cool shot of the tank with the reflection from my mirror (also makes a nice avatar pic
Now all I need to do is wait for my plants to grow in and get the tank cycled so I can start stocking! Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking!