The Planted Tank Forum banner

German Blue Ram Breeding

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  BoxxerBoyDrew 
#1 ·
I'm trying my hands on breeding German Blue Rams. I picked up some small guys from a local breeder that are probably about 4-5 months old. Got them on Friday and didn't notice any of them pairing up or anything. Been feeding them frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp about 4 times a day. Checked the tank today and finally got my first spawn. Here are some pictures if anyone is interested in any of this. I will update it when need be.

I'm not expecting a lot out of there first couple spawns and am expecting these young parents to eat this spawn..

I have a 20 gallon getting ready as of now to move these guys into with there rock. Just waiting for temp to get the same.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
they really like flat stones to spawn on
Hmmm:confused: Mine always use the driftwood :proud:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/m...icture6852-blue-rams-first-spawn-two-days.jpg[/QUOTE]

I didn't put any driftwood for that reason. I knew that my other tank would be ready really soon so I kept them in a 29 gallon with a bunch of rocks for them to spawn on. I recently moved them into a bare bottom 20 gallon with everything matching so they have there own little place to do there thing with no other predators

#9 ·
I moved the rock with the parents last night into there own 20 gallon tank. Parents don't seem like they really are about there eggs which is kinda depressing. I wish they were a little more interested in them. Even if they ate them i would have been fine as long as they actually tried. So I got an air stone thing goin on in there with the eggs and it seems to be doing ok. Got a couple white eggs.

Also looks like in my other tank I got what is looking like a pair with the biggest male with one of the females. I'm expecting them to spawn in the next couple days. I'll try to get a picture of the other pair if anyone is interested

Attachments

#15 ·
Good Deal with Your first spawn!!! Maybe as they get older they will carry the spawn to completion! I had a pair spawn in the last 55g I had setup as a planted tank, and even got a few fry out of them. They eventually got eaten buy other tank mates, which made me Sad/Mad, but they spawned on the huge driftwood stump, so I couldn't remove it to another tank. Then the male got killed! :icon_cry:

Anyway Best of Luck with your Rams!!!
Drew:thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.