Ok folks.. Major rehaul. Here;s the progress.
Got this in the mail last week
80lbs of Eco-Complete
My milwaukee regulator
and Some misc things.. such as the NLS fish food on top, some other stuff I didnt bother posting.. such as my airline tubing, etc.. However, I think they sent me the wrong airline. I ordered the blue stuff for CO2 and they sent me clear stuff.
And here is a before picture of the tank last week
So I'm completely tearing this tank totally apart.. Hoping no more than 2 hours. Longest part is going to be catching the fish and taking out the sand.
OMG.. naked tank!
All the sand and plants.. Getting the sand out by hand was maddening
Wheres the fishie? THERE they are! Along with some bigger plants and driftwood. They were mad.
Awesome thing was, throughout the whole thing I got to leave the filter on. Was tricky to get the sand out without getting any sucked up the filter but I was really worried about shutting the filter off and messing with my bacteria. Luckily.. It stayed on the whole time so I'm hoping I don't have a major ammonia spike.
OK Folks.. Hold your breath.. actually, don't bother, it's not that exciting.
I like the look of the eco-complete but boy I hope it makes a difference. What a PAIN to try and plant stuff in. It's so light, the bigger plants basically hauled themselves out a few times. I hope to god it packs.. or something.
dun dun dun...
And now for some close ups..
Ok.. So I trimmed that limnophila sessiflora, ended up throwing a lot of it out though. Ohwell, it grows fast.
Still don't know if I like the layout.. I might have to play with it for awhile before I end up ever liking it.
Those rummynose look some good against that black substrate...
And now with pressurized Co2