Ikebana Inspired Tank -20 long- - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 05:38 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Seeing that the tank now looks like that from this look:

I'd say you're making such an excellent progress and the tank is defeinitely DONE!
Awsome plants, scape, and cool fish.. congrats man!! I m getting that reineckii soon as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 05:46 AM
ShrimpRetirement

I like your tank! Love the colors! The last FTS with the gourami is SICK!

I also really like how you built your DIY CO2 setup haha. When I first started planted tanks, that was exactly the setup I had in my head. Just never had the chance to build it before I went pressurized.
post #33 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller8 View Post
I love the idea of incorporating Ikebana into this tank. I've always thought it would be a good idea for an aqua-scape!

I also love the wood in the arrangement. I think it captures your idea of Ikebana quite well.

Looks great!
Thanks!

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people
post #34 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncityz View Post
Seeing that the tank now looks like that from this look:

I'd say you're making such an excellent progress and the tank is defeinitely DONE!
Awsome plants, scape, and cool fish.. congrats man!! I m getting that reineckii soon as well.
It's a cool plant that grows easily. I have some in my non co2 tank and it's growing just as nicely.

It's funny looking back at those old picks...I remember thinking to myself, "Man, I did a good job on this scape". lol

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people
post #35 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedie408 View Post
I like your tank! Love the colors! The last FTS with the gourami is SICK!

I also really like how you built your DIY CO2 setup haha. When I first started planted tanks, that was exactly the setup I had in my head. Just never had the chance to build it before I went pressurized.
Thanks! Diy CO2 was a fun little project, but mixing sugar and yeast every couple weeks gets old quick! Wishing I could shell out some cash and go pressurized!

post #36 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Planted Member

Really nice tank! Nice job on the algae on your hair grass.
post #37 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Algae Grower

Question

Any Chance of an update on this Amazing Tank?

"Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom"
-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
post #38 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li@m View Post
Any Chance of an update on this Amazing Tank?
yep, I'll have one soon. Been kind of neglecting my tanks since MW3 came out . Finally getting tired of that game, so now I can switch back into fish tank mode.

post #39 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Now I know why people get big tanks...my little 20L just isn't tall enough. Unless I prune regularly, I have a huge mess of plants all over this tank. Need to save up some money and get me that 90 gallon!

I took out the Hygro Kompact and replaced it with some riccia that had taken over one of my other tanks. Strapped it to some rock with red fishing line...like this

Topped all the A. Reineckii and replanted them and here's what the tank looks like now. Hopefully everything grows in nicely

Oh ya, like I had predicted earlier, I sliced my finger today cleaning the glass top

Last edited by BlueJack; 02-02-2012 at 01:00 AM.
post #40 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

A couple more pics

post #41 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 12:43 AM
Algae Grower

Your in my Top 3 tanks on this forum! Can't believe it's a 20g long can't imagine what you could of done to a 40g or even a 75. One question thought what kind of sword is that in the center of your tank 70% of the time?
post #42 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msouza91 View Post
Your in my Top 3 tanks on this forum! Can't believe it's a 20g long can't imagine what you could of done to a 40g or even a 75. One question thought what kind of sword is that in the center of your tank 70% of the time?
Thanks!

The green one is just a regular amazon sword. If I remember correctly I picked it up at petsmart in one of those plastic tubes. Whenever it's get's to big, I take it out and break it up into smaller pieces. The last time I was able to get 5-6 separate plants.

If you're talking about the reddish one it's a Bronze crypt wendtii. I really love this plant, the coloring is remarkable to me.

post #43 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 01:15 AM
Algae Grower

Petsmart??? Whatt haha I bought mines at a LFS and they aren't as healthy and green and full as yours i'm bummed out now haha. Also if you don't mind me asking where did you get your diy ferts? I would like to try it out but have no idea how much of each product to use.

Quote:
That red one around the swords are the Bronze Crypt Wendtii?
post #44 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Petsmart??? Whatt haha I bought mines at a LFS and they aren't as healthy and green and full as yours i'm bummed out now haha. Also if you don't mind me asking where did you get your diy ferts? I would like to try it out but have no idea how much of each product to use.
haha, ya, I have to cave into the big brand names every once in a while. I got the Spectracide (KNO3) from lowes, the Fleet enema (PO4) from CVS and Morton salt substitue (KCL) from publix. If you want to add Magnesium I use epsom salts. Use the fertilator over at APC to find ppm you want to add to your tank. Or check out the sticky in the fert forum for more info.

If you buy these in bulk from someone you'll save money in the long run. Thing is, I'm always broke for some reason, so I went as cheap as possible and since my tanks are all small I never use much.

Quote:
That red one around the swords are the Bronze Crypt Wendtii?
oh...woops. No, that's Alternathera Reineckii, also a petsmart purchase That green plant in the middle is Hygro Corymbosa Kompact

Last edited by BlueJack; 02-22-2012 at 05:55 AM.
post #45 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 03:24 AM
Algae Grower

yea i've been trying to make an estimate and i'm not understanding it lol guess ill do some more research before i stop mixing.

Tags
20 long, 20l, diy co2, dwarf hairgrass

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode