The Planted Tank Forum banner

56G Column Zenscape Deux - "Rise of the Agassizi" (56K)

7K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  zenche 
#1 · (Edited)
So, my first go at a planted tank did not work out so well. First it was algae with the flora, then it was ich with the fauna. if you care to see it, it's here

this time around, i'm changing just about everything. different hardscape, flora, and fauna. the mountain idea isn't good with a column tank...requires much bigger single slab stones IMO - raising with gravel, etc, takes up too much room as you have to build a wide base, wasting space.

so with that said, here's part 2 of my aquascaping journey.

SPECS:
56 gallon column tank
30" x 18" x 24"
Fluval G6 Filter
Hydor Eth-300 heater - tank is kept at ~78F
2x Aquatic life 2x24w lights. I tend to use only one of them on the timer, and will use the second when I'm admiring the tank. the one on the timer is with a 6700K and an actinic bulb. the other one is 6700K+10000K.
substrate is mixed organic topsoil covered with regular ole' black gravel.
dosing excel, macros and micros. gonna need to get into the habit of doing the excel daily, and the nutrients every other day.

FLORA:
Rotala Colorata
Echinodorus Angustifolia
Alternanthera Reineckii
Pogostemon erectum
Java Fern
Tiger Lotus
Red Rotala macrandra
Hygrophila polysperma
Cryptocoryne Wendtii Red
Bacopa Monnieri

expected this package to come on thursday. i'm afraid USPS has struck again and they'll all be dead by the time they arrive, if they ever do :angryfire will have to work something out with badren for a refund. was counting on that package to provide me with a E. Tennelus foreground :(

FAUNA:
i went to my first swap meet today. was quite an experience. i picked up what i pre-ordered beforehand, and picked up some juvie plecos afterwards. was too overwhelming to stay longer :p and i didn't want to tempt myself and get carried away. so all my fauna was picked up today, sans the 7 amano shrimps.

7 amano shrimps
7 apistogramma aggasizzi fire reds
25 green neons
6 L144 Blue-eye Albino Bristlenose Plecos

FOTOS:
[4/17]
FTS

Closer up
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5024/5629954654_5875c0a1af_b.jpg

Cave constructed with 3 pieces of seiryu stones

L144 Juvies

Agassizi Juvies

as you can see, my Agassizi's are of two colorings it seems - one is much paler while the other is a nice rich yellow color.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.