100 gal Tank, Take 2 - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
Are these real?
Years back when I set up this tank, among the first fish to populate it was a "False Flying Fox", which spent his years cleaning plants and glass. Foxy died today of old age, he got too weak to eat, and lost a lot of substance in the last couple of days. Six years is a good age though, for a fish.

I still have some others that I bought back then: two Yoyos (lost the third one due to a constipation problem), and a pair of African Butterfly fish. Along with some Otos that I have had for many years as well.

It's been YEARS since I bought fish for my tanks. One of these days I am going to redo this tank (sell/hammer it and build a new one instead). Looking forward to go fish shopping this or maybe next year.
Sponsored Links
post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 05:03 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
sorry to hear about foxy
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Planted Tank Guru
Sorry to hear about your fish death. It always sucks when you have any fish die, but it really sucks when you have one for so long.

I know this thread is labeled as not being a journal, but it kind of is isn't it? You don't have ongoing updates, but it does show how the tank has taken on different looks over the coarse of time. I kind of like it actually. It is cool how you acheive different looks with the same tank.

Filstar Pimp #106

29 Gallon Journal - XP2, Dual Aquaticlife link Fixture , Pressurized CO2, DIY Reactor, EI dosing
Stand and Canopy Build Journal for a 90 On hold for a while...
post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Are these real?
No need for condolences, I think this False Flying Fox had a fairly good, long, fulfilling life.

This thread started out as a "not a journal", but then became one when I redid it at the beginning of 2007. I'll update the title.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode