The Planted Tank Forum banner

Chad320s collection of plants (pics 12/15)

274K views 3K replies 109 participants last post by  BettaBettas 
#1 · (Edited)
:icon_frowSo I got a new camera and havent figured out how to use it properly yet so heres a peek at a project that i've been tossing together for about 3-4 weeks to test a photo......

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
What would you think suggesting using Anubias tied to the branches following the flow of the tank overall? In place of the moss on the branches etc?
Moss can end up looking a bit ratty, Xmas moss and fissidens are good when done well.

The other plant choices seem wise.
See if you liker the idea of anubias vs moss on the wood.
Roots will hang down and give an old aged look of a dense forest.

Do you think Bolbitus might give the tank a too dark look?
Java fern needle leaf etc might be an alternative as well for the darker corned.

#9 ·
Hey, thanks Tom. Ive got more Anubias going in here in the next few days. There is java, Phillipine java, Bolbitis, mini bolbitis, and Java trident all in there. They are all trimmied to the rhizome so it will take a few months of grow out time for them to show their spot. I also agree that the moss is ratty. It needs a trim already. The moss really had a huge jump start on the other slower growing plants. Im really hoping to tear it off and just leave a few pieces behind that naturally attached to the wood. Thank you for your comments, I think we agree on alot of your ideas :)

#17 ·
WOW!!! That thing is going to fill in NICE... my only critiques are there seems to be a few too many focus points... and the tank doesn't seem to have a TON of depth... but really, all the plants look great though.. Nice selections and planting areas... the crypts are awesome. The wood is top notch... Nice job! Can't wait to see how it comes along!!!!

#18 ·
Yeah, I agree. I want to leave some of the wood plain so you can see the flow. Ive got more stuff tied on now so it looks better. Way to many focal points though. Maybe when the ferns grow out some leaves it will reduce that. As for depth, its just not. Even in person its pretty "in your face." Lol. This scape is STUFFED into a 65g when it would look better in something longer like a 48" 75g or something. The crypts are doing good. Too good. I hope they dont drown out the MM and DHG carpet :( Now to sit back and stare at it everyday until it fills in :)

#19 ·
I really like the textures of the plants. Great job!

#20 ·
Post more pictures Chad!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.