The Planted Tank Forum banner

Chad320s collection of plants (pics 12/15)

274K views 3K replies 109 participants last post by  BettaBettas 
#1 · (Edited)
:icon_frowSo I got a new camera and havent figured out how to use it properly yet so heres a peek at a project that i've been tossing together for about 3-4 weeks to test a photo......

Attachments

See less See more
#2,190 · (Edited)
Chad I wanted to ask if you know any way to remove Cyanobacteria from mosses without killing them? So far the blue green algae is only on the mosses, all of them and getting worse, I did try dosing some excel with the filters off and it killed some fisseden in each clump and most of the algae but it was back in days, I also read that too much light in the yellow end of the spectrum helped it to grow so I got some 10k/420nm blubs as well but no luck. Do you have any ideas before I just trash all the moss, thanks.

Your colors look great BTW.

#2,192 ·
Hmm...its been a long time since ive had to deal with cyano. Did you try erithromycerin(sp?). You could pull a little moss and dose it in a seperate container to make sure its not going to kill all of your moss. Otherwise I would point a powerhead or return right at it. I know it doesnt like heavy flow.

Nice pictures and your plants look really happy. Nice work Chad!
Thanks Devin! Nice to see a post on here from you :)

#2,194 ·
Scary, I read several article that said you can use ERYTHROMYCIN but none talked about a dosage and the package was no help, but they all did mention it could kill you nitrifying bacteria if over used by decaying matter reducing oxygen levels. They all mention that it does not like flow and recommended UV as well as water changes, reducing nitrates, ammonia, etc. So it basically forms in poorly maintain aquariums but mine gets WC, etc weekly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.