2in10's 75 Gallon Jungle part 1 - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 504 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 06:28 AM
Planted Tank Guru

almost time for your first trim and to get the plants to fill in! looking good!

"Twisted Wood" 75 gallon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Tetra View Post
I sell plants but not green thumbs, sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 504 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemman View Post
almost time for your first trim and to get the plants to fill in! looking good!
Thanks, yeah some are getting close. The each stalk of Ambulia has 2 or 3 new stalks coming from the base and a couple have runners too. Most of the plants are just now over coming the adjustment from emersed to submersed.
post #18 of 504 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

New pic 3-6-11

new FTS

post #19 of 504 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

I ordered 6 SAE for the tank today from Live Aquaria, they should arrive Wednesday.
post #20 of 504 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

3-13-11 tank shots

FTS

Left side

Center

Right side

Also added 6 SAE on Wednesday from Live Aquaria. All are still alive and quite active and working hard.
post #21 of 504 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Haven't kept up with the pics so finally a new one.

My substrate was getting a little low on ferts, so I have put some pellets from Aquariumplants.com in. I put them near the red Rotalas and they have really shown great color and growth since I did the deed. I added more in around most of the other plants this weekend so I am interested to see how it goes.
post #22 of 504 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

5-15-11 tank pic

Here is a full tank shot from today

Colors coming around nicely with adding ferts to the gravel. I hadn't added any for a while and the gravel was becoming malnourished.
post #23 of 504 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Wannabe Guru

Hey! Good to see you here! The tank is looking really nice.

I just ordered some Wallichii and aromatica haha, your tank was the inspiration to get some.
post #24 of 504 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Thanks, I am glad I could inspire you, they are really great plants. I have tried aromatica "Hipporoides" but it did not do well just melted away. I wonder it this lighting setup would help or if it is more of a terrestrial form.
post #25 of 504 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

New tank pics Pic intense

Well again I have neglected to update this thread.

Here are a couple of pics. I thought I would do a progression update.

AS you can see on 6-4 I did a trim and thin. I ended up trimming about 60 plants from the Rotala rotundiflora and thinned out about the same number. I thinned about 40 plants of the Ambulia.
5-29

6-5

6-11

6-18
post #26 of 504 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

7-3-11 pics

I am going to use RODI water as the major portion of my WC to hopefully help keep algae at bay. I am spending 2 to 3 hours a week pulling it out. I will get a CO2 system the winter to step up the tanks beauty.
post #27 of 504 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 12:01 AM
JxL
Algae Grower

Hi 2in10,
Its nice to see you here
Your tank is looking great. I just ordered the driftwood for my tank as well as the flourish line of supplements+root tabs.

Last edited by Wasserpest; 08-25-2011 at 05:06 PM.
post #28 of 504 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 04:42 AM
Planted Tank Guru

That a nice looking tank and it looks very clean and free of any algae, I hear the A. Madagascar do better in heavy shade. How do you like the substrate from AP.com and have you ever used anything else to make a comparison? CO2 is going to make those plants really take off and should help with any algae also, but it looks very clean to me. SAE's just get too big for me although I have one left out of an original 5, I got 5 Otocinclus a month or 2 ago and these little fish are real work horses and the size is a plus, I'm starting to really like tha smaller fish you might use in a nano tank it makes the tank seem more like a minature little world. I am always impresses with tanks that use the small plants and fish, you can never tell in the photo it's only 8 gallons, without any reference to scale in the photo it could be a 180.
post #29 of 504 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JxL View Post
Hi 2in10,
Its nice to see you here
Your tank is looking great. I just ordered the driftwood for my tank as well as the flourish line of supplements+root tabs.
Cool, best of luck with the tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150EH View Post
That a nice looking tank and it looks very clean and free of any algae, I hear the A. Madagascar do better in heavy shade. How do you like the substrate from AP.com and have you ever used anything else to make a comparison? CO2 is going to make those plants really take off and should help with any algae also, but it looks very clean to me. SAE's just get too big for me although I have one left out of an original 5, I got 5 Otocinclus a month or 2 ago and these little fish are real work horses and the size is a plus, I'm starting to really like tha smaller fish you might use in a nano tank it makes the tank seem more like a minature little world. I am always impresses with tanks that use the small plants and fish, you can never tell in the photo it's only 8 gallons, without any reference to scale in the photo it could be a 180.
the suggestion for A madagascariensis is to keep algae off of it. I have never had any problems with the plant being out in the light and infact it grows much better out in the light. I spend a couple hours a week removing algae and take the pics after removing the dang stuff. I have had Otos and they are awesome. I have decided to go with a biotope style with this tank so they don't fit the South East Asia motif. I agree on using smaller fish to make the tank look larger, I have always liked the look.
post #30 of 504 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

7-17-11 update

Change to RODI water from tap water seems to be bringing some dividends with the algae. It seems to be less tenacious and to have less volume. Can't wait until I get a pressurized CO2 unit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode