The Planted Tank Forum banner

Mott's ADA 120p "Pathway to nowhere"

13K views 78 replies 35 participants last post by  mott 
#1 ·
Hi all, I've been collecting stuff for this tank for two years now and FINALLY I have it together and planted :thumbsup:

First off I wanted to reinforce the stand because it's a little old and I just "feel" safer now :)

Underneath:

After a quick sanding and painting, I think it came out pretty good!

The Lights: 4X54 T5HO by Catalina during the modding for the hangers:

Done :)

Constructing & hanging of the Lights:

Finally in place and ready to go!

Above shot:

See less See more
#74 ·
Thanks, I think I will stay at this height, I don't want to go much higher because I think the UG and Erio's might suffer.
I would still like to try a burst at some point, the tank looks great with all four bulbs shining!

YMMV? You make me vomit? lol that's all I can think of:)

#76 ·
So I am back with a long overdue update, I have had my up's and downs with this tank the past year. the downs being mostly due to the dreaded BBA and the latest power outage.

I have been battling BBA for a good year now never seeming to win until recently when I started cleaning my canisters regularly.
I really believe having a clean canister helps curb BBA tremendously. It is now under control at least in my estimation.

With the last power outage I lost all of my Rummies. When I got home from work the house was down to 40 degrees and the tank water had gone down to 50! When I walked in I noticed all of the rummies were scattered around the tank floating upside down not moving.
My ram was floating almost upside down with her fins barley moving. I immediately did a big waterchange with warm water to bring the tank up to about 65 slowly. The ram came back to life in front of my eyes as the warm water entered the tank! I was happy to say the least.
All others seemed to fair just fine, 6 Chain loaches, 4 ottos about 10 amano's and a dozen cherry shrimp.
Now I'm looking for some new fish and I have my eye of about 50 green neon tetra's! I really like em, they stay real small and look fantastic in a big school.

I added some rotala magenta, Camboba, true DHG and an unidentified plant I grabbed from my shrimp tank(next to the rotala)
which was barley an inch tall and almost dead! now I have stalks shooting to the top of the tank and reproducing very quick!
Most of my Erio's didn't make it due to BBA :( but I still have one and it's looking super healthy. Actually I started with one and split them until I had around eight!

Oh and I added a Black background!

Onto the pic's.
These were taken before the outage and nothing has changed except some of the livestock:(

Side shot

DHG and my pretty single Ram :)

Just wanted to show how I hooked up a Fluval skimmer with the Eheim install intake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.