Ugh, much needed update here, things are good and yet not so well.
I lost all the baby CRS that were born, I'm pretty positive
Problem was due to an ammonia spike that I can only attribute to the rootmedic root tabs I put in this floramax substrate. It seems to need a cap of sand or something to keep the nutrients from leeching out asap.
So I moved all the shrimp to a 1.5 gal hex tank I've had setup for a yr now as a small quarantine tank:
Been using straight RO water and all the shrimp seem alive and well, albeit missing their 5gal lol.
Here's the current shot of what the 5gal looks like right now:
I think I'm still going to add some sand in and rescape this a lil, but its doing good save for the ammonia I'm still waiting on to clear.
Here's an up close of that limno aromatica in the center there:
Changed the lighting from a single 15w(60-70w) spiral compact flourescent sitting right on top of the tank to a 24" t8 florasun bulb 2xODNO sitting right on top of the tank. Much better spread here, forgot about the odno tho, so far algea hasn't been a problem tho. Running 3 bottles of diy co2 as overkill since theres nothing but snails in here.