I got to work planting pretty much everything I got. I decided to leave the Red Foxtail in the tank for now. I tucked it behind the driftwood, so I'll see if I like it when it grows up over it.
I put up a temporary black background. I have to find a more suitable permanent one here soon.
I'm attacking this tank with everything I have! I redid one of my co2 bottles in the middle of the week with a whole teaspoon of yeast. It's producing really well, and I'll change out the other one here in a few days. I also hooked up a separate bottle on the other end of the tank. It now has a total of three two liter bottles. Still dosing with Excel, but there is no algae to really speak of now (knock on wood). I'm going to keep dosing Excel until I get my pressurized set up.
I also started adding Epsom salt to this tank. I did two teaspoons at this water change, and I'll adjust that slowly.
I'm in the process of getting materials to lift my lights off the tank. I'm not getting the light spread I want, and the lights being so close to the tank are causing problems. I want to reduce the light intensity, but not by too
much. Also while I'm out at Home Depot anyway, I'm getting the materials to make a RG style reactor.
Ludwigia inclinata var verticillata "Cuba" (maybe)
One of these days I'll have a decent camera, not just my Droid.
FTS, still a little cloudy from tearing everything up.
Tied the christmas moss down to one of the piers. I hope this works out to my advantage, I haven't actually done this before.
REAL Rotala Wallichii
Another shot of a corona
The largest ramshorn I've seen. Definitely not as big as they come, but to me he's a beast.
I'll be (hopefully) posting pictures every Sunday to track this tank's progress in weeks.