Things were looking pretty nice today, so I snapped a few pictures. One notable change I've made in the maintenance of this tank is that I've reduced the ferts I'm adding by 2/3.
I've been taking one dose of my usual EI regime and dropping it in with the new water at each water change. Contrary to my predictions, the plants actually seem to be doing better. I decided to try dosing less and adding based on any deficiencies I spot. So far, only good things to report. In fact my Rotala Vietnam, which was nearly gone before I tried this, has suddenly made a strong comeback.
Final update: I broke this tank down today much to my own excitement. I'll be selling off much of my equipment as I downsize to smaller aquariums. It was a great setup though. I hope you enjoyed the journal.