The Planted Tank Forum banner

My 60P AKA Forbidden Mountains

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  eferna 
#1 ·
So I couldn't resist getting another tank, so to my LFS and purchased a ADA 60P. THey had custom stands there as well which I picked up.

I call this build "Forbidden Mountains"

This is what I have so far

ADA 60P ( 60 x 30 X 36)
Custom Built Cabinet
Chihiros led
Tropica Substrate
ADA Amazonia
Seriyu Stone

My Blank Canvas

Something about the layout made it look dark and mysterious, so decided to name it Forbidden Mountains

Filling it in with some Cuba and Parvula

Shot from the top

See less See more
#8 ·
Thank you. Sorry I forgot to mention Amanos are in the other tank as well. I do like the thought of CRS, but then again I want some fish as well.

I was thinking either one of these

1. Dwarf Rainbow
  2. Lampeye Norman
  3. Pair of Aiptos ( wont be able to keep any shrimp in there then)

#11 ·
I would skip Apistos, it's best to have sandy substrates and caves and stuff for them.
Have a look at Pseudomugil species they are amazing and are what I have in my 60P. Then maybe some Boraras, Sundadanio or Microdevario as another schooler. If you want a centrepiece fish maybe look at smaller Gouramis. Lampeyes would be good too as a schooler.
I like the hardscape! Watch how wet your substrate is, you don't want mould. At the front the water level is a bit too high and plants there will struggle because they aren't getting the CO2 from the air since they're submerged, you may also start to get fungus there. You want the substrate to be moist, but you shouldn't be able to have any water actually pooling above it. Also, E. parvula gets pretty tall so you may wanna throw it all in the back or it will crowd out the HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Thanks for the heads up. A far as fish goes I still have some time before I finally make the decision what to get. Who knows what my LFS might have then. I did remove some of the water that collected during my misting. HC seems to take a while to take root.

#14 · (Edited)
Update:

Swapped the external filter with a Tidal 55 filter which was on the big tank, so the big tank now has 2 external filter and this one just the HOB. I found that this worked better for me. Also flooded the tank on July 14th and ran the CO2 with 2-3BPS.

Update as of Today

The plant growth has been good. I did find a lot of hitchhiker snails that I assumed cam on the filter which was attached to the old aquarium. For now I will leave them as they help with the algae.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.